• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I wasn't aware of any desireable values associated with Chicago?
    I mean Gangsters, Politics, ect.

I've never had any desire to go anywhere near Chicago except maybe in Microsoft Flight Simulator and then Mayor Daley went and destroyed the Meig's airfield on the Lake Michigan water front in the dark of night if my memory serves me, could be wrong there.

Of course Chicago is not alone, there are many other places with un-desireable reputations, but when you mention Chicago, I think of corruption and crime. It will always be.

Will the people of Illinois ever stand up and change it? :dunno:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I think the vast majority of non-Chicagoland residents of Illinois would be more than happy if Chicago were declared a "city state" and removed from Illinois. That area has to be an embarrassment to the folks down-state.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I think the vast majority of non-Chicagoland residents of Illinois would be more than happy if Chicago were declared a "city state" and removed from Illinois. That area has to be an embarrassment to the folks down-state.

I've got alot of relatives in down-state Illinois that would be happy with that.
    The problem is they cannot get good people to run and if they would "The Machine" would tear them apart.

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011

I've never had any desire to go anywhere near Chicago except maybe in Microsoft Flight Simulator and then Mayor Daley went and destroyed the Meig's airfield on the Lake Michigan water front in the dark of night if my memory serves me, could be wrong there.

Of course Chicago is not alone, there are many other places with un-desireable reputations, but when you mention Chicago, I think of corruption and crime. It will always be.

Please elaborate? I've never heard of this, nor am I aware- but interested in learning. :dunno:

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Wow! I read that and providing it's all accurate (it's Wiki afterall...) Mayor Daley is more of a thug than I thought he was... Friggen liars, theives, cowards and crooks!

As a private pilot myself (flying mostly Cessna 172-182's) I can certainly understand the frustration the aviation community must have had when he did that...especially like a coward during the night. :noway:

Sheeezz...

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Sad part of Chicago is that they have some of the nations best medical colleges and Universities there, along with some great scientific research universities. What a shame to force some of America's smartest people to go to a school in an area of some of the most stupid people.

a10waveracer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2012
    West Lafayette, IN
    Sad part of Chicago is that they have some of the nations best medical colleges and Universities there, along with some great scientific research universities. What a shame to force some of America's smartest people to go to a school in an area of some of the most stupid people.

This is very true. Heck, the first man made nuclear reactor was built at the University of Chicago.

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Wow! I read that and providing it's all accurate (it's Wiki afterall...) Mayor Daley is more of a thug than I thought he was... Friggen liars, theives, cowards and crooks!

As a private pilot myself (flying mostly Cessna 172-182's) I can certainly understand the frustration the aviation community must have had when he did that...especially like a coward during the night. :noway:

Sheeezz...

It is accurate. I was in that hell hole during that time.

Daley was a progressive thug, a bastard, and in general a piece of ****.

The bastard Rahm will make Daley look like a libertarian by comparison.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I always thought that Chicago Values was an oxymoron, like Government Organization or Honest Politician.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I always thought that Chicago Values was an oxymoron, like Government Organization or Honest Politician.

Unfortunately, values are not necessarily good values. Case in point, institutionalized corruption and evil are in fact values (albeit not good ones).

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner

That's why it got its name "Windy City". :noway:

Top Bottom