Chicago thugs are not the issue we thought and we're racists. PC Lafayette style

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fred78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Wait a minute wait a minute, First they say the statistics show no influx from chicago, then they say they haven't any statistics to show where they went. Huuummmm.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Wait a minute wait a minute, First they say the statistics show no influx from chicago, then they say they haven't any statistics to show where they went. Huuummmm.

This was exactly what I said when I read this article. I know that there has been some major improvement in some of these apartment complexes in the last year or so, but if the JC wants statistics, I suggest they drive by Clay stone and count the "Land of Lincoln" license plates.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    JC seems to be having a race-fest this week. Lots of PU faculty and grad students weighing in with their anecdotes about being 'persons of color' in this little nest of racism.

I was moved to tears by their stories of oppression. Beaten, dogs set on them, people burning crosses in their front yards? No, they came here and didn't feel 'welcomed'...

I felt the same way when I lived in Chicago. Get over it, or go home.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    JC seems to be having a race-fest this week. Lots of PU faculty and grad students weighing in with their anecdotes about being 'persons of color' in this little nest of racism.

I was moved to tears by their stories of oppression. Beaten, dogs set on them, people burning crosses in their front yards? No, they came here and didn't feel 'welcomed'...

I felt the same way when I lived in Chicago. Get over it, or go home.

We have had an influx of Chicago thugs around here. Land of Lincoln plates on big wheel hoopties. I-65 is about 2 miles from us.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    When daley tore down all the hell holes, they *as in the niceties of society :rolleyes:*, didn't initially go to lafayette. They went to hammond, hobart, munster, highland, east chicago, and whiting/robertsdale.

This was when hammond police stopped reporting crimes to the times paper, because crime shot up nearly 1500%.

It was also the time when the 2% property tax cap went into effect, and peoples property taxes quadrupled.

Add those things together and it caused what's known as the "White flight"...Google the term if you don't know what I mean.

Now if you follow the progression of time and crime. It's obvious that after NWI was hit, those well adjusted, productive members of society :rolleyes:, went on to lafayette, then eventually started to show up in Indi, where crime also shot up dramatically.

Last edited:

gstanley102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Delphi
    The Great Chicago Migration Myth

Life is good. I'm wondering what the JC take is on Benghazi, the NSA, the ISR, the border crisis, FNF, ISIS and Ebola...?

Another paper heading down the toilet...

I quit reading that rag some time ago. I think it was when thry dowsized and opened the new print house.

The few local stories they do put together are editorialized to the left.

It's hardly worth lining the cats litter box.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    What a sad piece of propoganda "journalism". Take a look at the city of Chicago windshield stickers on the cars as well as the nasty, threating behavior in public places. I'll be glad to drop the writer off in the middle of at least ten different neighborhoods with no phone late on a hot summer night. Heck, try to get something to eat at IHOP in front of walmart. He can check license plates and write them down on a little pad. I'll bet the hack writter will have a different opinion.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I quit reading that rag some time ago. I think it was when thry dowsized and opened the new print house.

The few local stories they do put together are editorialized to the left.

It's hardly worth lining the cats litter box.

I used to subscribe eons ago, but it's 90% advertising... and the remaining 10% as you indicated.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    As we all know, statistics can be easily manipulated to support any data you wish it to support so I always read these articles with very little trust in them. It's more of an entertainment value to see how they are trying to normalize what was once illegal or immoral. Not long ago living on handouts was the lowest you could go and people went out of their way to repay debt in anyway they could. Today it's how much can you take the system for and if someone should come along and start studying the situation you find by looking at the demographics. . . .

IBTL

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    I'll go ahead and buy the argument that not many moved from Chicago to Lafayette. It doesn't matter. It only takes a few to make a real mess and skew the crime stats. If you take a group of 100 people, it will be the same 5 or 6 people who are consistently making trouble for the others.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    The Journal & Courier ceased to be an effective news print organization when they were taken over by Gannett YEARS ago.
    There is NO hint of impartiality remaining, and hasn't been for years.
    They are an agenda-driven rag now, and they don't really even try to hide that fact.

Instead they just try to tell us that what we see happening to our town is nothing more than a figment of our imaginations.

"Nothing to see here, move along..."

Webster-dl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2014
    United States
    JC still posting self-congratulatory pieces about their 'Chicago myth' forum, even as they're reporting stories like this: Suspected robber: I'm harmless, I just smoke weed all day

The lack of self-awareness at that rag is breathtaking.

I saw that article too. I'm afraid that you're likely right. They come up with this piece of garbage about the "Chicago Myth", and then sprain an elbow patting themselves on the back. The article just kept saying "There is no data to prove these people left Chicago". But they DON'T say: "There is data to prove they STAYED." They just intentionally don't look for data that says they left, and then they presume the lack of data is proof positive that they didn't leave.

It's like the great medical saying: "You don't check a temperature, you can't find a fever."

But there IS data that these people DID leave...it's all anecdotal. But anecdotal data still trumps NO DATA AT ALL.

With this article, the J&C is starting to look like the last pathetic refuge of liberals. The poultry-dropping in the Oval Office has thoroughly proven that their ideas are anti-freedom, repressive, tyrannical, as well as foolish in the extreme. Not to mention unsupported by the bulk of the American people, and UNCONSTITUTIONAL (and therefore ILLEGAL). And he has also proven that their ideas, when they actually try to implement them, are only met by adulation from the feeble-minded and contempt from the capable.

So instead, the die hard dogma-obsessed refugees of this pseudo-intellectual movement flee to the offices of the J&C to write outhouse paper like this "study". Seriously...basing your whole paper off of "there isn't any data (because no one bothered to look), therefore we're right and everyone else is a racist who doesn't immediately laud our "let-me-be-clear" intellectualism!"

It's like Culture Clash once said in their bit piece about Che Guevara asking where the communists went..."only communists left are in Cuba and Berkeley, california".

Top Bottom