Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Seems about right...

Chicago teachers asking for 30% raises over next 2 years - chicagotribune.com

"We are not negotiating this in the public," Lewis said.

Smart move. Keep it all in the family, make the Chicago political machine work for you. What the public doesn't know won't hurt them, eh?

The contract proposal also includes other incremental salary boosts such as those granted for adding a year of experience, referred to as a "step" increase, and for getting credits beyond a bachelor's degree, referred to as a "lane" increase, provisions that are in the current contract.

That must be great! Get an automatic raise just because you get a year older? I'm sure everybody gets those.

Public sector unions...timidity has never been one of their problems.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    What's that old saying that my Grandfather used to say?

Oh yeah....

"Wish in one hand, **** in the other, and see which gets full faster."

Of course, given the Chicago way, the wish hand will probably fill up just about as fast because the **** will be shoved down the throat of John and Jane Public.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Rham is privatizing some schools now, he should speed it up, thats one way to bust the union. I mean as long as they are asking for 30% , why not.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Rham is privatizing some schools now, he should speed it up, thats one way to bust the union. I mean as long as they are asking for 30% , why not.

I would be surprised to learn that Rat EMan is doing this to bust unions. He'd be driven out of town on a rail--or more likely fitted with cement shoes if he even tried. :)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    According to a long time friend who is a Chicago school teacher, that is the result.

Oooooohhhhhhh noooooowwwww!
    If he is trying to bust a union, the he must have a higher bidder. It can't be because he's more concerned about the taxpayer than the fundraiser.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Rahmmy would never break a union. Even he can't throw the teachers union under the bus and walk away. Plus you think Barry would let him start those problems in a election year? Barry's got Rahmies sad little package sewed up in a little ball in the big desk. That boy ain't doing nothing with big approval from the party. You can't screw with the democratic mothership hometown. duh!

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Hey wait, I did fail to mention that Chicago surely has some good teachers who work hard and do care about what they do. I can't even imagine driving to the hood every day to put up with some of the things they have to.

No-one should expect a 30% raise over a few years. AND Any raise should not be given to workers who just show up.:twocents:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Flanked by educators and community organizations such as Parents United for Responsible Education, Lewis said the city has the tax base to properly support public education. She called for nearly $800 million in new funding directed to CPS by raising taxes on the wealthiest Chicagoans,

I wonder if these teachers realize this will include them?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Yep....so the taxpayers can get fleeced.

Ummm, yes. Don't most unions screw those that pay the wages? I remember people defending teachers' unions during the whole RTW. If those that wanted to violently rally against RTW, they need to support the teachers unions that aren't doing their jobs to the level that warrants a pay increase. (I do realize that we didn't have as high of a percentage of anti-RTW'ers as the general public did but we've still got a handful of pretty hardcore union supporters).

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom