Chicago Police Superintendent warns Officers will shoot CC'ers!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Wow, once again the headline really fails to encompass the story.

What he said was:
    but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire

This is pretty common sense. Turn around while pointing a firearm and you're likely to get shot. Its how undercover/plain clothes cops get shot, for that matter. Its why we now train that the uniformed officer is in charge until you are verified. Turning around a pointing a gun at someone so you can say "I'm a cop" or "I'm a licensed handgun license holder" or whatever equals bad idea.

More looking for something to be offended by.

monitor51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    West Central IN
    15 years ago I loved to spend time in Chicago. I'd jump at the chance to spend a weekend with friends up there. Now, no way. My wife wants to make a trip with my nephew to Sheds and I don't care to go.

Chicago just needs to be swallowed up by lake Michigan.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Top Cop?

[video=youtube;4KKXektRX3Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KKXektRX3Y&list=PL788A6EC8179441FA&index= 2[/video]

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Wow, once again the headline really fails to encompass the story.

What he said was:

This is pretty common sense. Turn around while pointing a firearm and you're likely to get shot. Its how undercover/plain clothes cops get shot, for that matter. Its why we now train that the uniformed officer is in charge until you are verified. Turning around a pointing a gun at someone so you can say "I'm a cop" or "I'm a licensed handgun license holder" or whatever equals bad idea.

More looking for something to be offended by.

Pretty much what I took from it also.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Sounds like if their first victim lives its going to be a good lawsuit.....on the other hand, if someone shoots a cop he can say "they threaten to shoot me first, it was self defense!!!!"

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    McCarthy is a tool. He has the backing of Rahm, and the idiot can do whatever he sees fit. Chicago needs to be taken back, block by block. Crime is rampant there. McCarthy has no plan to speak of to address the threat. The latest outrage that I saw were the "safe passages" between gang areas so that kids could go to school unmolested by shootings, etc. There were people lining up to be "safety officers", who were unarmed and wearing those nice yellow vests that enhance a sight picture.

Appeasement, not the strong willed dedication to eradicate the cause of these problems is McCarthy's mantra. I have said it before, and will say it again with regard to Chicago:

Wall it off now, let it die.

Top Bottom