• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    If I lived in Chicago that would really **** me off. If the amount sent to the NRA is $400K, you know the city spent 4 or 5 times that amount, easily, fighting it. What a waste.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If I lived in Chicago that would really **** me off. If the amount sent to the NRA is $400K, you know the city spent 4 or 5 times that amount, easily, fighting it. What a waste.
    They didn't send anything to the NRA, (since they really had nothing to do with it). It went to the Second Amendment Foundation, who actually do most of the heavy lifting and actual fighting. And yeah, they likely did spend many time more than this fighting it, (and will continue to do so, since SAF is still on their case).

miguel's sister

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Red dot in a blue state
    And now he (Rahm-never let a crisis go to waste-Emmanuel) is trying to push a statewide hand gun registry. The rest of the state doesn't seem interested in his proposal...which would cost each law abiding gun owner 65.00 per handgun.

I really need to move, as my brother keeps reminding me.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    And now he (Rahm-never let a crisis go to waste-Emmanuel) is trying to push a statewide hand gun registry. The rest of the state doesn't seem interested in his proposal...which would cost each law abiding gun owner 65.00 per handgun.

I really need to move, as my brother keeps reminding me.

You know I have experience loading a moving truck, do it!

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana

Not just handguns. According to the Chicago Tribune, it is for all guns in all of Illinois
    Emanuel wants gun registration throughout Illinois - chicagotribune.com

Even Democrat lawmakers say, "No damned way."
    'No damned way': Metro-east lawmakers plan to fight hard against proposed gun registration - Metro-east news - bnd.com

Additionally:
    As far as I know, there is no "preemption" in Illinois; so, cities and towns can pass any gun-related ordinances they want, and, of course, Chicago is the prime example. So, even if a handgun carry law were to happen in Illinois, without an accompanying preemption law, it might become more insane (is that possible?)

miguel's sister

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Red dot in a blue state
    Top Bottom