• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I have to fly out to Montana for my Brother's wedding in October, this will be only my second time flying and my first time with my 11 year old son. The cheapest flight from Indy has a 3 hour layover in Chicago both ways. I was just wondering how O'hare is. The other option is going through Dallas and that is roughly $450 more.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    Denver is always my pick for a stop/layover. Unless its ski season the crowd is significantly less than most other large airports.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I sometimes fly out of Ohare, despite it being almost 5 hours drive each way. With driving to Indy, checking luggage & waiting on another plane, flight time and the time for layover, it's probably about the same amount of time door-to-door. And if I fly out of Ohare, I can go direct to my destination, which is a lot less risky than risking the often-cancelled commuter flights from Indy.

As an added bonus, you can carry in your car with an Indiana license, so I can carry until the Ohare parking lot, when I have to unload and lock it for transport in my checked baggage (same as I would for travel from Indy.)

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Lol, I can count on one finger the times that my arrival gate and departure gate wasn't on opposite sides of the airport. And I have had many trips thru that airport. Mainly when I was touring. I booked a flight from Nashville to Baltimore once and purposely booked a layover in Huston. Then a day before I was going to leave they canceled my flight and rescheduled me to layover at Ohare. I called that airline to complain and told them that if I had to run to the other side of the airport to get to my next flight, I would never use their airline again. That was the only time it wasn't. But that has been my luck with this airport. Everyone I haven't traveled with hasn't had much trouble there.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Denver is always my pick for a stop/layover. Unless its ski season the crowd is significantly less than most other large airports.
    The only flights through Denver only had a 40 minute layover, I didn't want to risk missing my flight due to weather in October.

Top Bottom