• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    I keep looking at chest rigs and LBV's. Anyone have an opinion or want to share what they use? Pics are very welcomed.
    :popcorn:

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    i gotts say the old L.C.Es where the best thing. just suspender belt and ammo puches where incredibly compfortable

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I have a set of LBE and Kpot from the '80s, but I too am searching for more modern equipment such as the chest rigs.

I have it narrowed down to a few pieces of gear so far, but of course the teenager wants one too so now the $$ has doubled!!!

Eagle Chest Rig, Universal/SKD Version

This gear also allows carry of AK and M14 mags in the pouches which is a plus, some pouches are tailored just for M4 mags, I want the flexibility to carry different mags and items.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I've been wondering about this to . I've got an old pair of Y suspenders and belt , but I'm thinking a chest rig of some sort would be more flexible .

That in mind , I'm trying not to put too much stuff on the front . First time you dive for cover and your guts meet your back you'll understand .

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    For most of what we as civilians or even police would ever need a SOE Micro rig would work. No need for a big heavy rig, four rifle mags and a VOK is plenty to fight with.

am94pm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Here is a picture of some of my demo gear. When fully loaded the gear along weighs about 20lbs. I can carry more items, but I am not as maneuverable, added weight, and in hot weather not very comfortable. Chest rigs are lighter, allow for more maneuverability, and not to mention they are cooler in hot weather. Hope this helps some.

Gear2.jpg

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Ask Mettle. He's the expert.

I have a Tactical Tailor Mini MAV which is very nice. It's very light with three mags. You can add more pouches if you want. Three permanent, kydex lined open top pouches for AR mags and then molle on the front of those and on each side to add more pouches, bags, etc.

Very nice.

GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    I keep looking at chest rigs and LBV's. Anyone have an opinion or want to share what they use? Pics are very welcomed.
    :popcorn:

Call me crazy but the plain LBV from RFI worked great for me. The best part was since my unit screwed up some paperwork close to 1000 soldiers didn't have it on the issuing records.

If you're still in the 101st, like your name somewhat suggests, you should already have one :dunno: If not I never cared from anything "high speed" K.I.S.S

Last edited:

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    2 piece MAV from tactical Tailor is the way to go. Get it with the Y-harness backpiece and it carries better than anything I've used.

Bob

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Here is a picture of some of my demo gear. When fully loaded the gear along weighs about 20lbs. I can carry more items, but I am not as maneuverable, added weight, and in hot weather not very comfortable. Chest rigs are lighter, allow for more maneuverability, and not to mention they are cooler in hot weather. Hope this helps some.

Gear2.jpg

wantraccoon.jpg

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    That is nice. I am looking at something for me to have and use in "off time" training and a just in case rig for the house. I think the above will work just fine. I only want more ammo pouches for 5.56 mags on the chest and leave my legs open for pistol ammo. Thanx for the recommendations.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Sounds to me that you'd be better off with a shoulder bag or Rifle Fighting Bag. Not much use for a balls to the walls chest rig IMHO unless total breakdown/Zombie situation. Shoulder bag with a belt strap, 4-6 loaded mags, blow-out kit, a few pistol mags, and maybe a Nalgene w/ H2O and a powerbar would be all you really ever need in most situations. It will be easier to don/doff, way less conspicuous, many times more comfy to boot.YMMV The one below is pretty well thought out regardless of what you may think of the source.

SNEAKY BAGS - MINI RIFLE FIGHTING BAG (With Additional Medical Pouch) - Sneaky-MINI

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    I do like the shoulder bag. Thanx for the info... nice Zombies....... Who said anything about Zombies...... How did you come by this information....

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    That is nice. I am looking at something for me to have and use in "off time" training and a just in case rig for the house. I think the above will work just fine. I only want more ammo pouches for 5.56 mags on the chest and leave my legs open for pistol ammo. Thanx for the recommendations.

I prefer my rifle mags on a leg drop and my pistol mags on a belt or chest panel... I don't really care for either a chest rig or a vest. :twocents:

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    I like the drop leg stuff but having things on my chest makes them easier to get to. You know I have heard a few jokes about a "Big Yellow Patch"

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Things on you chest suck when you have to hit the ground real hard. Or if you are on the ground in that hasty, that your dug with your butt cheeks, trying to get just that much lower. Or that much closer to a wall.

Most of what you have heard about that "Big Yellow Patch" is from jealousy!

Top Bottom