• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Please note that this site lists stolen guns by user submission. It is okay as far as it goes, but note their disclaimer:

All information in our database is user supplied content. HotGunz.com makes no guarantee or warrantee (sic) as to the validity or accuracy of the information. Please contact your local police department and request the serial number be ran through NCIC to confirm all results.

Use this as a quick check, but it is definitely not the final word on stolen firearms.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    or it could be a gov site, matching a SN# with your IP address... :dunno:

just saying, as a certified ethical hacker, that's how I'd think...

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Give them a call and ask:

OrgName: GoDaddy.com, Inc.
    OrgID: GODAD
    Address: 14455 N Hayden Road
    Address: Suite 226
    City: Scottsdale
    StateProv: AZ
    PostalCode: 85260

Domain Name: HOTGUNZ.COM
    Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
    Referral URL: Domain Names, Web Hosting and SSL Certificates - Go Daddy
    Name Server: NS27.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    Name Server: NS28.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    Updated Date: 11-jan-2010
    Creation Date: 12-jan-2009
    Expiration Date: 12-jan-2011

Pretty sure Go Daddy couldn't answer any of your Qs though.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    So if a Ser # entered belongs to a stolen gun do bells and whistles start going off and police show up wanting the stolen gun back? I don't think any of mine are stolen but I'm thinkin I'll pass on that one.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Y'mean it's not a good idea to go on a website that I've never heard of anf input all the serial numbers to every gun I own? Man; what's the world coming to.

See sig line.....

HG712

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    SC
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Jesse and I run the site HotGunz.com. I just wanted to stop by and assure you that my site is not a Phishing site to collect SN#'s or IP addresses. I built the site because I was tired of trying to figure out if any of the used guns I bought were stolen. We do not log or record any of the searches, even if it turns out to be a stolen gun. We simply facilitate a means for you to communicate with the person who reported the gun stolen and nothing more. I hope I have addressed any concerns you have about the site.
    Thanks

baldmax

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    North Liberty
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Jesse and I run the site HotGunz.com. I just wanted to stop by and assure you that my site is not a Phishing site to collect SN#'s or IP addresses. I built the site because I was tired of trying to figure out if any of the used guns I bought were stolen. We do not log or record any of the searches, even if it turns out to be a stolen gun. We simply facilitate a means for you to communicate with the person who reported the gun stolen and nothing more. I hope I have addressed any concerns you have about the site.
    Thanks

Well, I feel better about it.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Hi everyone,
    Thanks

Jesse,

Let me tell you - this is a great idea; in fact I thought of it myself, something I would like to see happen is a nation wide database tied in with Police stolen databases.

Not sure if it's plausible or not, but I do appreciate you stopping in and alleviating our concerns.

By the way, how'd you find the post? Do you run google searches on keywords to your site? :rockwoot:

Rep coming your way.

HG712

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    SC
    Thank you, I also think that would be a good idea. The closest I have seen to that is Florida, they have a database of guns stolen in the state, but not ones stolen outside of Florida.

I found this post when my webstats showed 300+ visitors coming from this site. I figured I would take a look and see what all the excitement was about.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Thank you, I also think that would be a good idea. The closest I have seen to that is Florida, they have a database of guns stolen in the state, but not ones stolen outside of Florida.

I found this post when my webstats showed 300+ visitors coming from this site. I figured I would take a look and see what all the excitement was about.

Where are you from?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bikemannc
    Top Bottom