• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erbo12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Greenfield
    Thanks for the info on the stolen firearms database . I was wondering the other day how to go about this other than LEO. This is much better.:yesway:

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Jesse and I run the site HotGunz.com. I just wanted to stop by and assure you that my site is not a Phishing site to collect SN#'s or IP addresses. I built the site because I was tired of trying to figure out if any of the used guns I bought were stolen. We do not log or record any of the searches, even if it turns out to be a stolen gun. We simply facilitate a means for you to communicate with the person who reported the gun stolen and nothing more. I hope I have addressed any concerns you have about the site.
    Thanks

I'm sold.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My name is Barock O'bamaha and I am your savior. You can automatically believe me and trust everything I say because I've typed it right here on an online forum that you enjoy. Get ready for that change you've been hoping for!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    or it could be a gov site, matching a SN# with your IP address... :dunno:

just saying, as a certified ethical hacker, that's how I'd think...

Y'mean it's not a good idea to go on a website that I've never heard of anf input all the serial numbers to every gun I own? Man; what's the world coming to.

See sig line.....

+3 First thought for me as well. Maybe I just too suspicious.

No thanks. Not taking the bait.
    You have to be a master baiter to get me on that troll line.

HG712

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    SC
    That is a good question. It is very possible for a stolen gun to be unknowingly bought and sold many times through legitimate sources. My personal philosophy is to do what you would expect someone to do for you. I personally would not expect someone to completely eat the cost of the gun if they bought it. At the same time I would not expect them to try to make a profit off me either. In the case of a rare or sentimental gun, I may just be happy to have it back. This is one of those situations were no one really wins, but you would usually be surprised at what can happen just by talking to the person. They may simply want to follow the sales back to the person who stole it to prosecute them because they were already compensated for the loss through their insurance company.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I'll just continue to use my source. Give the number to a buddy, he goes into an office enters the number into a National database and I have an answer in seconds.

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    If one is concerened one could use a proxy website to get to it. Tor onion surfing would be another way but that brings along other potential problems.

hunt3rsd3n

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    A lot of scared little ***** cats here. No one asked you to use it. No one asked you to use your SN from your guns. Thought it might be a good idea when you are in dark alleys or Wallie World parking lots with no idea what you are buying or trading into. I like to have all the cards on the table and be prepared. I know a lot of us are timid and think big brother is coming at any moment. Take the site for what it is...another tool in your arsenal to assist your transaction. I use 5 parts to a transaction myself...2 eyes, 2 ears, and 1 brain. If I don't feel comfortable, no deal is worth the hastle. By all means, if something else works for you, then do it. Otherwise, use a proxy to hit the site so no one knows who you are. Don't knock someone's work product as you have issues with your identity and conspiracy theories. IDK if you use the 5 part system or any system. You are the one stuck with the gun if it is bad. BATF can come to you and seize it without compensating you once it hits a 4473. No skin of my back. Hope you keep receipts so you know where you got it. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse.

Props to the site for looking out for those who don't where aluminum foil hats and hit cover when a life line heli's fly over.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    A lot of scared little ***** cats here. No one asked you to use it. No one asked you to use your SN from your guns. Thought it might be a good idea when you are in dark alleys or Wallie World parking lots with no idea what you are buying or trading into. I like to have all the cards on the table and be prepared. I know a lot of us are timid and think big brother is coming at any moment. Take the site for what it is...another tool in your arsenal to assist your transaction. I use 5 parts to a transaction myself...2 eyes, 2 ears, and 1 brain. If I don't feel comfortable, no deal is worth the hastle. By all means, if something else works for you, then do it. Otherwise, use a proxy to hit the site so no one knows who you are. Don't knock someone's work product as you have issues with your identity and conspiracy theories. IDK if you use the 5 part system or any system. You are the one stuck with the gun if it is bad. BATF can come to you and seize it without compensating you once it hits a 4473. No skin of my back. Hope you keep receipts so you know where you got it. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse.

Props to the site for looking out for those who don't where aluminum foil hats and hit cover when a life line heli's fly over.

Sounds like a double dog dare to me. ;)

Hi my name is Rob,
    I am going to start a website that wants a complete list of your
    name, address, social security number, work schedule, habits,
    vacation plans, etc.
    It's just for research, I'm writing a term paper.
    Just fill in the blanks, Nah, you don't need any tinfoil, what's the worst that could happen.
    You can trust me, I'm on the intenetz.

www.robublind.com

theboss365

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    PLYMOUTH
    I'm so confused???? What do I do?????? Hmmmm, think I'll just keep the guns I got. I can appreciate the idea if you are buying from someone you don't know, but as far as the ones I have I think I'll keep them.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    So where's this guy getting his list of S/N of stolen firearms? People are more likely to report a stolen firearm to the Police rather than some random website.

HG712

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    SC
    All the serial numbers are submitted by people who want to do more than just sit back and hope their stolen guns are recovered by the police. They use the site as a supplement in addition to reporting it to the police. Most of the people I know (and I have occasionally been guilty of this as well) do not have the police check the serial number of used guns that they buy for many reasons. By giving people the ability to do a quick, hassle free check of a serial number before they buy a gun, you are making it more difficult for the thief to sell the gun as well as increasing the odds of getting information about the guns location. Until us non-LE types get access to NCIC, user submitted information is our only alternative.

Top Bottom