• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    For a while there they were price gouging on ammo. And may still have high prices on some stuff. But otherwise they are pretty good with good service. I may be making an order soon.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Has anyone ordered from Cheaperthandirt.com. Good experiences? Bad Experiences?
    ...they were price gouging on ammo...

I WILL NEVER BUY AGAIN FROM THEM, I consider them to be bandits and unethical price gougers.

Their great prices included $39 P-Mags during the Obama panic. They quickly took advantage of gun owners and screwed us all in the name of profits while many other on-line retailers held their prices in the $15 - $16 price range.

Further they sell a lot of Chinese junk.

Anyone who buys from C-T-D is supporting a supplier who will gladly stab them in the back during the next shortage.

Me, I try to identify REPUTABLE dealers and patronize them during both good and bad times.

bobcoop06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Marshall County

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I've bought from them and never had any problems. Like any purchase you need to research what you are buying, figure out what brand you want and then shop around for the best price. Some of the stuff they sell is indeed junk, but if I am googling a specific brand looking for the best price I will order from CTD if their price is lowest.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I WILL NEVER BUY AGAIN FROM THEM, I consider them to be bandits and unethical price gougers.

Their great prices included $39 P-Mags during the Obama panic. They quickly took advantage of gun owners and screwed us all in the name of profits while many other on-line retailers held their prices in the $15 - $16 price range.

Further they sell a lot of Chinese junk.

Anyone who buys from C-T-D is supporting a supplier who will gladly stab them in the back during the next shortage.

Me, I try to identify REPUTABLE dealers and patronize them during both good and bad times.

+100

I used to buy from them several years ago when they were still relatively new, but they gouged prices like no tomorrow during the Obamanation, and I have not ordered since.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    +100

I used to buy from them several years ago when they were still relatively new, but they gouged prices like no tomorrow during the Obamanation, and I have not ordered since.

EXACTLY

To my mind they are opportunists who don't give a damn about the pro-gun community and simply are trying to take advantage of us when they can. Just like you, I prefer to support the companies that did NOT gouge us.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Supply and demand fellas. If they have what you want and no one else does, they can charge more for it. Its what the US economic system is based upon.

I have ordered from them in the past, no complaints really.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Supply and demand fellas.
    No sir. Other sources had the same items in stock and didn't raise prices. Others took back orders and honored low prices.

In fact the local shop in Crown Point had PMags for $15.99 during the Obama panic while Cheaper Than Dirt had them "ON SALE" for $39+ C-T-D's "sale prices" were often DOUBLE the average retail price charged by other suppliers.

Ditto many other sources that I was able to get mags from like CD, AIM, and Palmetto State. None of them jacked up their prices and screwed their customers. There were several threads about C-T-D screwing customers with jacked up prices after the election. Apparently people have really short memories?

I can't help it if people are too stupid to shop around and end up buying from C-T-D but don't say you were not warned!!! They have been discussed many times.

bcd007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    No problems ordering from them. I like that they let reviewers post good and bad comments about their products.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    No sir. Other sources had the same items in stock and didn't raise prices. Others took back orders and honored low prices.

In fact the local shop in Crown Point had PMags for $15.99 during the Obama panic while Cheaper Than Dirt had them "ON SALE" for $39+ C-T-D's "sale prices" were often DOUBLE the average retail price charged by other suppliers.

Ditto many other sources that I was able to get mags from like CD, AIM, and Palmetto State. None of them jacked up their prices and screwed their customers. There were several threads about C-T-D screwing customers with jacked up prices after the election. Apparently people have really short memories?

I can't help it if people are too stupid to shop around and end up buying from C-T-D but don't say you were not warned!!! They have been discussed many times.

I certainly agree with the statement in red. With the ease of a google search people should be able to compare prices at dozens of places. The only reason I will buy from them as opposed to one of the other businesses on the internet is if they have the item and brand I am looking for at the lowest price.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    have ordered from CTD and CDNN investments in the past. Both were OK. Lot of low quality stuff in their inventories. Recently I have ordered from Midway USA. They may not be the cheapest, but the selection of products is good, price is fair and shipping is lightning fast. They usually have what I need and I try to order several things at once to save a little shipping.

Top Bottom