• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I love smartwool socks. Wear them all the time. I did find an acceptable substitute merino wool sock at Sam's club of all places and have been wearing them for several months with no complaints. They came in a 3 pack if I remember correctly and they were about $20.00. So far I have nothing but good results. No shrinking, itching or abnormal wear.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I 'borrow' from my girlfriend. Plus I think I've bought them all anyways.

They stretch back after washing them. And no, I dont care if people notice that I'm wearing girl socks - I'm warm and dry.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Gander Mountain has them but not cheaper than you quoted. Try this:

Sierra Trading Post

Hope that works. Sierra Design has them.

Jess

Be careful ordering from Sierra Trading Post. Some of the items are actually 2nds. I have ordered plenty from them (non 2nds) and no problem with shipping, quality, etc. Just read the whole description to make sure they are not 2nds, unless you don't mind. :twocents:

Sometimes Rusted Moon does a percentage or $ off of 3 pairs or something. I too love my SmartWool and wear them daily.

17Chap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Yes, I've bought some seconds from them. It was a great deal. You can check the reviews on the product you're interested in. YMMV--Good luck.

Jess

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    Smartwools socks rock. I have worn them for 12 plus years. Some of them I have had for that long. They are hands down the best out there. Once you have them, you'll understand the socks at wally world or Tractor Supply are not the same.
    Your just gonna have to suck it up and pay the price. You can get them at that D.. D D Di... Dic.... Dick.... I just cant tell someone to go there. Its sucks. Gander has them.
    Good luck! That 3 for 20 deal at Sams is the best I've ever heard of.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Try the Point 6 brand. The people that started smartwool sold out and had to wait so long before getting back into apparel. They now make these socks and I think I may even like them more than smartwool. Gasp.

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    25   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    So, I guess gander had the adrenaline series for 10 bucks last week... I didn't know. My mom had 5 pairs of hiking and 5 pairs of low cut running for me when I stopped by her house today! Thanks mom!

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I 'borrow' from my girlfriend. Plus I think I've bought them all anyways.

They stretch back after washing them. And no, I dont care if people notice that I'm wearing girl socks - I'm warm and dry.

I buy the girly, brightly colored stripey ones so that the hubby wouldn't be caught dead wearing them. :) Then again, I'm pretty sure his feet are 4 sizes bigger than mine...

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Bought some Omni Wool Men's tops at the Rockville Rd. Sams location yesterday.

They were in the dicount section. $7. and change
    Took all the larges.(3)
    Saw 1 xl left and many womens smalls.

Top Bottom