• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    So help me get this all sorted out....

We should legalize the drugs that got them all ****ed up in the first place. Personal liberty.

We should allow them to carry a dangerous weapon unchecked. God given right.

But we can't allow them to decide what to do with their own eggs and tad poles? Personal property.

Color me confused...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sorry, I got jumpy about a post that has no idea about how a society works. It isn't worthy of address so I went for snark. :0

I think it helps speak to the dehumanization aspect that has been brought up. We'll look on with vile hatred at the welfare given to those we detest and either ignore or refuse to acknowledge the welfare we agree with.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

We should legalize the drugs that got them all ****ed up in the first place. Personal liberty.

But we can't allow them to decide what to do with their own eggs and tad poles? Personal property.

Color me confused...

Damn, I broke my color crayon :(

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    For those who think sterilization is such a crime against humanity. How do you know it is such a bad thing? Have you been sterilized? Do you know anyone who has been sterilized? Do you know anyone who has been traumatized by being sterilized? Anyone.........?

I can tell you first hand, sterilization is no big deal. Due to a medical condition a few years ago, I was offered treatment or a hysterectomy. Even though I had never had any prior gynecological issues, I chose a hysterectomy because I wasn't planning on having any more kids. Besides the older I got the more dangerous it was to continue taking oral contraceptives. I consider sterilization to be one of the best and liberating decisions I have made. I already had two kids, so I didn't mourn for additional children I never conceived.

I am a responsible parent, I have never been addicted to drugs or alcohol and I choose sterilization anyway. My world still turns the same as it did before the procedure. I fail to see the downside to it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

The drug war has had a great affect at keeping them from getting all ****ed up in the first place.

There is that part about shall not be infringed.

There is legal precedent that one must have their faculties to make important decisions. How valid is a will signed by your mother who has full fledged alsheimers? Again, I'm not wanting government to shut this "charity" down. Many pro lifers don't want to give ANYONE the choice of what to do with their own eggs and tad poles. And some of those pro lifers see no harm in this "charity".
    Color me confused...

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    For those who think sterilization is such a crime against humanity. How do you know it is such a bad thing? Have you been sterilized? Do you know anyone who has been sterilized? Do you know anyone who has been traumatized by being sterilized? Anyone.........?

I can tell you first hand, sterilization is no big deal. Due to a medical condition a few years ago, I was offered treatment or a hysterectomy. Even though I had never had any prior gynecological issues, I chose a hysterectomy because I wasn't planning on having any more kids. Besides the older I got the more dangerous it was to continue taking oral contraceptives. I consider sterilization to be one of the best and liberating decisions I have made. I already had two kids, so I didn't mourn for additional children I never conceived.

I am a responsible parent, I have never been addicted to drugs or alcohol and I choose sterilization anyway. My world still turns the same as it did before the procedure. I fail to see the downside to it.

^^^^^^THIS!

Call me controversial, but I think the charity is a fantastic thing. If someone wants to take drugs and have unprotected sex, that is their choice, but they shouldn't be allowed to bring their "unwanted" children into the world.

Many of those kids are born with disabilities or end up living in that kind of lifestyle because their parents weren't responsible enough to have children in the first place.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I think it helps speak to the dehumanization aspect that has been brought up. We'll look on with vile hatred at the welfare given to those we detest and either ignore or refuse to acknowledge the welfare we agree with.

Excellent choice of a word.

Dehumanization.

The founder of this "charity" agrees. She compares them to dogs.

"Here you go B-word for a female dog, go get spayed before your litter causes trouble."

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Yes, I've had a vasectomy.

How would you feel if a charity were offering abused women $200 to get sterilized? After all, they shouldn't be bringing children into an environment that they won't leave.

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN

How would you feel if a charity were offering abused women $200 to get sterilized? After all, they shouldn't be bringing children into an environment that they won't leave.

Those two aren't even comparable. Most of those women won't leave their abusive partners because they're afraid of being found and killed.

I don't think the charity should offer the money to just men, that's a bit sexist. Women can be drug addicts too and should be offered the same $200 to be given a hysterectomy.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    How would you feel if a charity were offering abused women $200 to get sterilized?
    If no one is twisting their arm, why would I care? Their bodies, their choice.

I should be clear though, I'm not advocating offering this "charity" to the truly mentally ill. I also wouldn't want it used as a form of "eugenics."

Drug addicts have lots of options to seek help. I see this as just another option they should be free to make. :twocents:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Drug addicts have lots of options to seek help. I see this as just another option they should be free to make. :twocents:

It isn't free to make. They are given money for their next fix. You are offering money to a drug addict for surgery.

Not just any surgery, a surgery that will render her unable to create life.

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Those two aren't even comparable. Most of those women won't leave their abusive partners because they're afraid of being found and killed.

I don't think the charity should offer the money to just men, that's a bit sexist. Women can be drug addicts too and should be offered the same $200 to be given a hysterectomy.

Who said anything about this being offered to just men?

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond

Did you make the decision of your own free will? Did it change or traumatize you or did it simply your need for birth control and make sex more spontaneous? Did it help reduce the risk of complications for your wife or partner since they no longer needed oral or other contraceptives? What is the downside of sterilization again?

Been there, done that too. Many years ago, I escaped an abusive husband. The final straw was when he hit my daughter when he was trying to hit me. That was back in 1983 when the cops didn't even have to respond to domestic calls. The police held him overnight for hitting her so I was able to escape while he was incarcerated. I finally acted on my decision to leave and I left.

If a woman is too damaged or afraid to leave an abusive situation and continues to bring children into it, then yes I see no problem with offering to pay her to be sterilized. My husband at the time had destroyed my birth control on at least one occasion saying that all we needed was another baby to fix us. I am sure he isn't the first abuser to do this.
    Another baby would have only trapped me further.

Studies have shown that abused children or children who have witnessed it are more likely to become abusers. I left in May of 1983, the New york Times or some other reputable source had published an article stating that abused spouses were more likely to abuse their children. I had never abused my daughter and I wanted to make sure I never did, so I made an appointment with a counseling center and went for a few counseling sessions. They assured me I wasn't that kind of person and didn't need additional sessions.

Sterilization is good enough for responsible adults, why isn't it good enough for drug addicts again?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Been there, done that too. Many years ago, I escaped an abusive husband. The final straw was when he hit my daughter when he was trying to hit me. That was back in 1983 when the cops didn't even have to respond to domestic calls. The police held him overnight for hitting her so I was able to escape while he was incarcerated. I finally acted on my decision to leave and I left.

If a woman is too damaged or afraid to leave an abusive situation and continues to bring children into it, then yes I see no problem with offering to pay her to be sterilized. My husband at the time had destroyed my birth control on at least one occasion saying that all we needed was another baby to fix us. I am sure he isn't the first abuser to do this.
    Another baby would have only trapped me further.

Studies have shown that abused children or children who have witnessed it are more likely to become abusers. I left in May of 1983, the New york Times or some other reputable source had published an article stating that abused spouses were more likely to abuse their children. I had never abused my daughter and I wanted to make sure I never did, so I made an appointment with a counseling center and went for a few counseling sessions. They assured me I wasn't that kind of person and didn't need additional sessions.

Sterilization is good enough for responsible adults, why isn't it good enough for drug addicts again?

So what would you have thought if a charity offered to pay you to get fixed telling you that they don't care about you, they just don't want you to have more children? Would you rather get $200 of help to get you out of the abusive situation you are in or be left there only to give the charity a warm and fuzzy knowing they won't have to contribute to more of your children?

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    So what would you have thought if a charity offered to pay you to get fixed telling you that they don't care about you, they just don't want you to have more children? Would you rather get $200 of help to get you out of the abusive situation you are in or be left there only to give the charity a warm and fuzzy knowing they won't have to contribute to more of your children?
    What if the charity were to offer to merely pay for the sterilization...no money was to change hands?

Top Bottom