• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Wow, welcome to Buck v. Bell, 1927.

Wasn't Buck v. Bell forced sterilization by the government, meaning the sterlization was not given an option (i.e., not voluntary)? I don't see how this is the same, this is voluntary (e.g., you get sterilize you collect $200, you don't get sterilized you don't collect $200).

From others comments I understand this to be what they are saying: you collect $200 and get sterilized there is no going back, its unconscionable. You have an abortion while on drugs (child is dead, no going back), it is not unconscionable. I'm sorry I don't understand the logic or the lack of logic of some.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Maybe someday.

I don't think there's a huge shortage of parents willing to adopt a baby.

And since you're on your high horse, I assume you also think that the best way to spend your charitable donations is to sterilize drug users? How much money have you sent to this charity so far?

Yes, I agree that people who want nothing more out of life than to be a drain on the welfare and healthcare systems should be sterilized if that is their decision. If they are unable to properly care for any offspring they may produce or have already produced, they should not have additional children for taxpayers to support and care for.

Yes this may be reaching but how many serious drug users are able to work and support themselves and their families? How many are capable of being loving and responsible parents when they are stoned? I detest the neglect and abuse of innocent children who are guilty of nothing more than being born to irresponsible parents. I also detest abortion as a form of birth control.

Perhaps agreeing with sterilizing drug addicts may seem extreme to you, but it's not like I am publicly supporting euthanizing them.

BTW, I spend my extra $ sterilizing stray cats & dogs.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    How many men here on INGO have had a vasectomy?

How many women here on INGO have had a tubal ligation?

Whats the difference between any of us being voluntarily sterilized, as opposed to a dope addict being voluntarily sterilized? Aren't one's reproductive rights intact, especially if there is no fetus involved?

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    You can't support this and be pro-life.

“Even if these babies are fortunate enough not to have mental or physical disabilities, they’re placed in the foster-care system and moved from home to home,” she says.

So I guess it is better to never have existed than live in a foster home. This woman is vile.

“I became more angry at the system that allows [these drug-addicted women] to drop babies off yearly at the hospital with no consequences,” she told The Fix. “If there’s a scale, and it’s between her never having any more babies and her having five more babies who may be damaged, then what’s more important? For me it’s the children. And if she can’t have any more children, then that’s just the consequence of her actions, like getting AIDS or something.”

She is saving children by never having them born.

“We don’t allow dogs to breed,” she said. “We spay them. We neuter them. We try to keep them from having unwanted puppies, and yet these women are literally having litters of children.”

People are not dogs.

Some more reading, including the eugenics angle. Not to Godwin, but her literature is identical to those guys.

Should addicts be sterilized? - Salon.com

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    You can't support this and be pro-life.

You can't? What's your position on abortion, since you seem to find voluntary sterilization so objectionable?

This woman is vile.

More so than women who destroy their fetuses with poisons or surgical techniques, but thank goodness don't have their tubes tied!!

“We don’t allow dogs to breed,” she said. “We spay them. We neuter them. We try to keep them from having unwanted puppies, and yet these women are literally having litters of children.”

People are not dogs.

No they're not. Although some of them behave like dogs.

If these addicts truly valued their reproductive rights that we are all so concerned about here, would they sell them for a few hundred dollars?

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I fail to see a problem with avoiding the procreation of children into abysmal situations but disagreeing with killing them after procreation. I also fail to understand why people who scream for an individual right to murder don't seem to think that a person should be allowed to make her own choice to avoid the situation to consider the murder of her unborn child. These are two entirely different concepts. Maybe the pro-abortion crowd simply has a fetish for killing the most innocent and helpless, the same way that pedophiles have a fetish for screwing them.

Needless to say, if anyone were forcing this, it would be an entirely different issue.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Am I the only one whose moral framework makes no allowance for eugenics? Am I the only one who objects to an organization cruising the poorest parts of a city for women who are addicted to drugs, sick, weak, only to offer them cash to get a medical procedure so they can no longer procreate and then never talk to these women again? That is a heavy ethical issue. I hope no doctors are performing these with knowledge of the cash changing hands. I am pro-life and the thought of this sickens me.

This proposition is selfish at its core. It may save you a literal dime in your lifetime. But, what of the woman? She is thrown back to curb after her tubes are tied. No better off. But somehow, you are.

Scary times.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Am I the only one whose moral framework makes no allowance for eugenics? Am I the only one who objects to an organization cruising the poorest parts of a city for women who are addicted to drugs, sick, weak, only to offer them cash to get a medical procedure so they can no longer procreate and then never talk to these women again? That is a heavy ethical issue. I hope no doctors are performing these with knowledge of the cash changing hands. I am pro-life and the thought of this sickens me.

This proposition is selfish at its core. It may save you a literal dime in your lifetime. But, what of the woman? She is thrown back to curb after her tubes are tied. No better off. But somehow, you are.

Scary times.

Anybody ever had to sit in the same room as a baby having to go through substance withdrawal? Whose rights are exactly being infringed again?

I wasn't aware that life began at an unfertilized egg.

What is the rationale of those that correlate this matter to eugenics? This is completely voluntary, isn't it? Someone please explain this to me.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Scary times.

This is eugenics and abortion isn't?

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Anybody ever had to sit in the same room as a baby having to go through substance withdrawal? Whose rights are exactly being infringed again?

What is the rationale of those that correlate this matter to eugenics? This is completely voluntary, isn't it? Someone please explain this to me.

Yes. The withdrawal is overcame and a life is born. See the stats in my link. Nearly all "crack babies" do not suffer developmental issues. I prefer to err on the side of life.

Eugenics need not be mandatory.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If you are aborting babies of specific type, yes. Remember, she is only paying a certain type of woman.

Study the roots of Planned Parenthood and the demographics of babies aborted in the present. You will find that they are disproportionately black as was the idea from the beginning.

I am not so sure that I would categorize drug abusers as a class in the same sense as an ethnic group.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Study the roots of Planned Parenthood and the demographics of babies aborted in the present. You will find that they are disproportionately black as was the idea from the beginning.

I am not so sure that I would categorize drug abusers as a class in the same sense as an ethnic group.

I am aware of its founders. Your point?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

You'd think many would support it as scared as they are of urban thugs.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Yes, I agree that people who want nothing more out of life than to be a drain on the welfare and healthcare systems should be sterilized if that is their decision. If they are unable to properly care for any offspring they may produce or have already produced, they should not have additional children for taxpayers to support and care for.

Yes this may be reaching but how many serious drug users are able to work and support themselves and their families? How many are capable of being loving and responsible parents when they are stoned? I detest the neglect and abuse of innocent children who are guilty of nothing more than being born to irresponsible parents. I also detest abortion as a form of birth control.

Perhaps agreeing with sterilizing drug addicts may seem extreme to you, but it's not like I am publicly supporting euthanizing them.

BTW, I spend my extra $ sterilizing stray cats & dogs.

I didn't say it was extreme. Like I said, it's a contract between consenting parties and none of my business.

I did say that I think there are better uses of money. If you think it's the best cause out there, then I assume that you'll be cutting them a check?

Personally, I don't know that I could look another human being in the face and tell them that they are so worthless to me that rather than actually help them, I'd like to give them some drug money in exchange for sterilizing themselves. I just don't think I could do it. And this charity is the moral equivalent of that.

Top Bottom