• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    Also, any suggestions why a Cetme doesn't like to extract spent cases and then jams up with the spent and new case trying to double feed? Just got this gun today and have very little experience with them. Now 2 for 2 on Cetmes being jammomatics from the two that I've tried to shoot. I had heard they were reliable but maybe that meant reliable at jamming????

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Also, any suggestions why a Cetme doesn't like to extract spent cases and then jams up with the spent and new case trying to double feed? Just got this gun today and have very little experience with them. Now 2 for 2 on Cetmes being jammomatics from the two that I've tried to shoot. I had heard they were reliable but maybe that meant reliable at jamming????

Were you using the same ammo both times?? I've never heard of a failure to extract on a CETME. Do you have a rounded or broken extractor? Are the flutes in the chamber clean? They usually extract rather enthusiastically (to put it mildly).

Tap the case out with a cleaning rod.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I used to have one, that thing spit empty cases out a good 20 feet! Never had a failure t extract, have you field stripped it and checked the rollers and bolt face? That's usually where the business goes bad from what I have seen on a Cetme. Pop the two pins out of the stock right back from where it meets the reciever and the whole action will pull straight back and out. Make sure everything if free moving and lubed.

Hotwired

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    What ammo are you using, use only military ammo, not commercial, that can kill you. Buy a shell extractor they are cheap. make sure the chamber is clean.

PM sent

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    They usually extract rather enthusiastically (to put it mildly).

Giggled at this. :)

Had a pic on my old phone of a case ejected from my CETME that stuck into the wooden pole next to the shooting station down at Atterbury. Looked like a ninja had thrown it like a knife into the pole!

Ditto to all the comments above, including make sure stuff is lube'd. Never had anything like this, though.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    Why would commercial ammo be a bad idea? Kill me? More details please.

Seems like Century and anyone else putting them out would need to put a disclaimer on the gun or on the box or in the owner's paperwork warning of doing that because that's the first thing I imagine most people will do unless warned otherwise. If that's true there would be some real juicy lawsuits for failure to warn. Kind of like Selling you a car that will explode if you put 87 octane in it but they don't tell you about it.

Brass walls on the commercial not as thick as military or something like that? What's the details?

Hotwired

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Why would commercial ammo be a bad idea? Kill me? More details please.

Seems like Century and anyone else putting them out would need to put a disclaimer on the gun or on the box or in the owner's paperwork warning of doing that because that's the first thing I imagine most people will do unless warned otherwise. If that's true there would be some real juicy lawsuits for failure to warn. Kind of like Selling you a car that will explode if you put 87 octane in it but they don't tell you about it.

Brass walls on the commercial not as thick as military or something like that? What's the details?

Mine was stamped 7.62 x 51 Nato. Century doesnt have the best rep when it came to the Cetme's. I got my case extractor from roberts rtg. I had mine for 6 yrs and learned lots about it. I was told by the dealer to use 7.62 when I bought it. All it took was once, and I learned my lesson.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom