• ...and so much more!
  • JUMBO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Godwin1.jpg
    My Christmas gift to myself... This was a brand new firestorm 1911 GOV'T Deluxe Model I bought a few years back. It was Blued steel and I love the way this firearm shoots. dead straight outta the box. I wanted to try something new so i had it stripped bead blasted parkerized then finally CERAKOTED 2 tone od desert sand. changed the grip out to a hogue wrap round groove grip(not pictured) and it looks so good to me, i couldnt be happier. now i decided to leave external components(furniture black to accentuate it for a litlle extra pizzaz! thanks to Chris Conlon @ krcrefinshing.com for making this happen! he realy goes the extra mile and takes his time to get the job done right! sure i could have done the job myself but i took and chance and left the job to someone who really knows what they are doing. I would reccomend him as he has all the correct equipment to do a proper job. he has also done general gunsmithing for me as well and his is licensed to do so. I would like to know all of your opinions on the paintjob, good or bad just wanna know what all of you think

thanks Jumbo

JUMBO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks, i bought this gun new for 350 and change and it rivals all but one of my high end 1911's a para ordnance. it shoots better than my kimber procarry II.

it did cost 200 for the job but if it holds up well money well spent. as he did do all the extra things necessary for a proper job. I was told cerakote is the best but i dont know about coatings, so we will see after 1000 rds lol

JUMBO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I had a guy Purchase a 44 spl last night...I showed it to him and he wanted to by this pistol as well as the wheel gun. I told him what I had in it which now is a $550.00 investment and he offered me My money back, to which I politely declined.

Then He offered me a hundred over my investment...I laughed and told him i app the offer but I dont think I would sell this gun period! I mean its not a expensive gun, but it is very accurate and has all the features of a high end 1911 and i bought it new for 350 out the door.

it feeds anything i throw at it, not one ftf and i am really just got to the break in point with it. If any of You run across a firestorm 45 dlx gov't model i would reccomend buying it! hell if you got one and think its junk and wanna sell it right I'll buy it.

Top Bottom