• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Airwolf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Terre Haute, IN
    I had a couple of guns cerakoted by a board member a few years ago thinking it was the end all be all of gun coatings. Well, I am not too impressed. One the SBE the coating has come off all of the high spots. On the 870 it has come off the mag tube and the shells have worn the finish on the shell carrier.

Is this normal wear, an issue with the cerakote, or bad application? I figure it is a case of I got what I paid for. :rolleyes:

JakeDrake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2014
    Wheatfield
    I had a couple of guns cerakoted by a board member a few years ago thinking it was the end all be all of gun coatings. Well, I am not too impressed. One the SBE the coating has come off all of the high spots. On the 870 it has come off the mag tube and the shells have worn the finish on the shell carrier.

Is this normal wear, an issue with the cerakote, or bad application? I figure it is a case of I got what I paid for. :rolleyes:

I have my gun cerakoted and I've tossed it across my gun range (to show the durability to customers) and get zero scratches. but on mag tubes on the 870's they get alot of heavy wear points on it, due to constant back and forth movement. do you have pics of the mag tube wear so i can see the type of wear? if its chipping it was a bad coating. if its gouges than there might be some other reason on why its coming off.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Perhaps the op couldnt find a past thread worth a squat. It looks like he at least used the search.

If its coming off in spots, poor prep, sand particles, oil, dirt from the blast still on object after it was painted.

My cerakcoat did not last 2 years being pulled in and out of my kydex holster.
    If I was to do it over again I wouldn't have had the coating done. But where can one find a glock in RAL8000?

Durability as far as in not scraping or chipping was not a problem.
    Tough as nails but cant hold up against the friction of being put back into a snug holster repeatedly. Wear points were noticed after 1 year.

Last edited:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    4Zeah.jpg

Top Bottom