• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    You thought that the Census only happened every 10 years? Now the Census Bureau is questioning citizens all decade long. One couple made the news when they refused to answer an invasive survey that asked them what time they leave they home for work. The census worker visited the home at least 15 times (that they know of) and threatened to fine them $2000 if they refused to answer. 5th Amendment be damned.

Walsh said the survey is required by law and helps determine such things as the Consumer Price Index and how federal funding is allocated.

Although residents can be fined for not participating in the survey, he said that is not the government's goal.

"Those fines exist, but we instruct the field staff that their job is to try to obtain the information through pleasant means, by stressing the importance of the survey."

"Realistically, we're not interested in prosecution," he said. "We're interested in obtaining information."
    Problem: Census worker won't take 'no' for answer

inav8r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Pendleton
    I got one of these ACS questionnaires in 2009 and promptly threw it in the trash. I the the 2nd month cycle phone calls at all hours but didn't have to endure the census worker visits.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    deliverance3.jpg

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    had a somewhat similar situation with an overzealous census worker, even got the cops called on me. I don't blame the census though just few employees that get mall cop syndrome.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...on/104714-a_census_worker_is_stalking_me.html

speaking of door knocking hammer fist style, i had some little girls selling candy or something come to my door yesterday. I thought the cops were at my door the way this little girl was banging on my door. i didnt answer it anyways, im more afraid of girl scouts than the cops or the census, lol.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    speaking of door knocking hammer fist style, i had some little girls selling candy or something come to my door yesterday. I thought the cops were at my door the way this little girl was banging on my door. i didnt answer it anyways, im more afraid of girl scouts than the cops or the census, lol.

You're gettin' soft, Ranger. The least I would expect is that you'd of had the girls proned out, hands secured with zip ties, and hoods over their heads until you were sure the AO was clear.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I never buy the cookies or popcorn or whatever else they're selling, but I make it a point to always make a donation if I can.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    You're gettin' soft, Ranger. The least I would expect is that you'd of had the girls proned out, hands secured with zip ties, and hoods over their heads until you were sure the AO was clear.

:):, i knew they were coming, i have an early warning system ;)

i had 2 pairs of flex cuffs ready just in case they pulled out some ninja weapons or tried to breach the door or windows :D

flex003.jpg

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I get strong-armed by all my friends, and we have a policy to buy anything the neighborhood kids are selling, so we've always got popcorn and cookies and candy bars and coupon books and magazines.

My daughter is four, but when she's old enough, then I'll have my revenge.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I'd like to hear more about this.

My speech turns to heavy drawl, I let a little drool out the side of my mouth, and I stare pointedly at their private parts while not apparently understanding what they are saying. Since I'm usually carrying a rifle or a big honking pistol, they tend to leave quickly. Add to the fact that I usually come up from behind them out of the woods thanks to the sensors I have placed at various approaches to the house that let me know when someone is parked at the gate and walking in.

It's amazing just how scared of the woods and those of us that dwell in the woods your average person seems to be.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    My speech turns to heavy drawl, I let a little drool out the side of my mouth, and I stare pointedly at their private parts while not apparently understanding what they are saying. Since I'm usually carrying a rifle or a big honking pistol, they tend to leave quickly. Add to the fact that I usually come up from behind them out of the woods thanks to the sensors I have placed at various approaches to the house that let me know when someone is parked at the gate and walking in.

:yesway: Sounds like fun.

It's amazing just how scared of the woods and those of us that dwell in the woods your average person seems to be.
    Oh yeah, no doubt. I know some people so urban they're afraid of the suburbs.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle

"He got a real purty mouf, ain't he"

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I just watched that movie again a couple of months ago. That scene is every bit as disturbing each time I see it.

I don't know what I'd do in a real life situation, but that scene is a reminder that the very best time to lauch a violent counterattack is at the very first justification. Had they done that in the movie, Ned Beatty's character would have never found out what the other side of that log looked like.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    A friend of mine filled out the ACS, and a few months later was being persistently followed around by their agents wanting a follow up. The agent went as far as to ask her apartment neighbors where she was, figured out that she moved, found out her unlisted cell phone number, kept visiting her new apartment... on and on. It was very much like this article. She even had a few conversations with the agent through the apartment intercom telling them to leave her alone.

Finally she gave in. She had a sit-down interview with the agent, who represented HHS. They want her to disclose her medical information for the next several years by doing these interviews every so often. They want to pay her $50 per interview. HHS and the CDC are apparently interested in her allergies.

All these resources pissed away as our country is drowning in debt.... For the purpose of prying into citizens' personal business.... :xmad:

Top Bottom