• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I got this from a work related email regarding airport security. Cell guns apparently haven't show up in the US yet, but the "powers that be" seem to think its only a matter of time.

It's firing a 22 caliber if I recall correctly. This is why alot of security check points will ask you to operate your cell phone to make sure its not been gutted and modified.

Thought my associates here would find this interesting. Hopefully I'm not posting something thats been posted before I joined. :thumbsup:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20qBxmSBLCc&NR=1"]YouTube - "Cellgun"[/ame]

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    If they dont operate better than our Verizon phones, I really dont see the dangers.....:dunno:

J/K, my wife saw that on the news too. That would solve the "pocket gun" issue....

I remember the pen guns when I worked at Bradis, I meant to purchase one and never did.:xmad:

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Kinda hard to figure out how the heck the mechanism works from the video, especially over a dial-up connection. Anybody got the skinny?

All I can guess is some sort of moving breech/striker arrangement and 4 separate fixed barrel/chamber units. Seems like it'd have to be fairly obvious to even a casual observer that something wasn't entirely Kosher, unless there's something masking the 4 muzzle openings.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    That video has been floating around for almost 8 years so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'd guess they've either been here for a while or they haven't been able to get them into the country.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Beware of people that pick up the phone and say "Its for you"

:lmfao:That's great!

It is kinda scary that "airport security" is just now picking up on this. I saved that video like 6 years ago. I can almost bet there's a LOT better version out there now.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    3 years ago when I worked for DHS these things were pretty much just a rumor.

I mean, you can make ANYTHING a gun... look at the mob in the 40's... they were using fountain pens as .22's...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Cellphone guns?

e27hj.jpg

Top Bottom