• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Celebrity Italian Chef in Hot Water for Telling Viewers to Eat Cat - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com
    Bigazzi said that casserole of cat was a famous dish in his home region of Valdarno, Tuscany.

“I’ve eaten it myself and it’s a lot better than many other animals,” he told viewers. “Better than chicken, rabbit or pigeon.” He said that for optimum flavour the meat should be “soaked in spring water for three days” before being stewed.
    If SHTF, consider FANCY FEAST cat food "bait"! :laugh:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "We will kill the ones that eat us and eat the ones we kill." - HST

catgun.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Not sure why it's a problem. People all over the world eat cats. We eat rabbits, ducks, chickens, squirrel, etc. Is it because they're domesticated? Why's it OK to eat one animal but not another? I don't want to eat a cat, but I'm certainly not going to tell this chef that he can't, especially when it's commonly served in his home country.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    My rule is that I won't eat anything that is glad to see me come home. Cats don't make the list.

IndyColtsFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Haha, gotta love the animal rights activists!

My question is this: What makes eating a cat any different from eating any other domesticated animal? I grew up on a farm and we had to bottle-feed several calves. These calves would become as friendly and tame as any dog (or cat) I have been around. Upon reaching market weight, these calves would be sold at the local sale barn (presumably to end up in somebody's freezer).

In some circles it is also considered common place (or at least used to be) to eat horse meat. Maybe it's just me, but I fail to see the distinction between eating different species. After all, isn't that the advantage of being on the top of the food chain? :)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    In an earlier version of the story that I read, it talked about how sellers of rabbit meat still on the bone will most times leave the head of the rabbit attached to prove to the buyer that they aren't buying cat meat.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Oh there are so many comments I could make here, I promised I would behave...

Man I really need to make at least one this is killing me.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Cat's too stringy and tough to really be considered for a delicacy. Takes too much cooking. Dog's not too bad, when you cook it right (which the Chinese do quite well). All in all I prefer beef, pork and poultry, tho.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You keep hearing there are cats in the kettle at the Peking Moon. Seriously, how could it be cost effective for a chinese restaurant to go around stealing or buying cats to put in their food? How many pounds of meat do they go through in a day? Wouldn't it be cheaper and much simpler to just buy chicken and pork off the truck?

Now I'm not saying the workers aren't catching cats for their own personal dinner.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    You keep hearing there are cats in the kettle at the Peking Moon. Seriously, how could it be cost effective for a chinese restaurant to go around stealing or buying cats to put in their food? How many pounds of meat do they go through in a day? Wouldn't it be cheaper and much simpler to just buy chicken and pork off the truck?

Now I'm not saying the workers aren't catching cats for their own personal dinner.

You heard that wrong I think....

And the Cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon.
    Little Boy Blue and The Man in The Moon

Harry Chapin song.:D

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You heard that wrong I think....

And the Cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon.
    Little Boy Blue and The Man in The Moon

Harry Chapin song.:D

Someone's done a parody of it but I'm not sure who.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q_MbR6TYZk]YouTube - Cats In The Kettle - The Sims 2[/ame]

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Holy cat eating, batman.

I guess I'm a wussy gun owner. The idea of eating a cat or dog is pretty disgusting to me. They're not just "animals" in my book.

WOW.

Top Bottom