• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    If anybody gets the CDNN catalog mailed to them and is looking for a decent pistol, jump on the 5906's they have for $299! I ordered a "good" condition one and am very impressed. A few scratches on the plastic grips are the only wear I can see. Pistol and shipping were $317, I paid my FFL $20 bucks for the transfer so $337 gets you a full size, stainless, hi-cap 9mm!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    yes, pics! I saw that in the CDNN catalog, but my dad has one he bought new that is in great shape, so I dont know that I need another ;)

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Got to see one that was transferred. CDNN, from the guns I have recieved from them, when they say "good", they mean "shootable". The finish looked very splotchy (stainless was worn pretty bad in some areas, perfect in others), the Smith grips were VERY ratty. I have the catalog and in the corner of the ad (something folks should always do with CDNN ads), they offer the gun for 10-20 bucks more with NEW hogue grips. CDNN is pretty good at hiding cool options in their ads, which are usually jammed with too much info! :D

For the price, go for it. The one he got was in shootable condition. He did have to replace the mag and recoil spring, outside of that, for under $400 for a reliable all stainless (no alloy) gun, well worth it. I keep kicking myself for not jumping on the 4506s they used to list. Oh well... :(

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    +1 on the 5906. Quite possible the best non polymer 9mm ever manufactured. I have the alloy version and I've been meaning to replace it with a stainless when some mad money comes around. Its always risky ordering something used mail order, but CDNN is usually right in the middle of the pack.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    Okay! Pics it is.....

PB040011.jpg

Shipped in a Plano hardcase.....

PB040009.jpg

Left side

PB040003.jpg

Right side

PB040004.jpg

Grips
    PB040010.jpg

Came with one 15 rd mag, gonna order some more today, $20 for used LE mags from CDNN.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    After my frst range session (back yard= 20 acres of woods), I had to drift the rear sight just a bit with a punch, but I have to do that with all my guns. 50 rds factory and 100 rds of my own reloads. No problems! No FTE,FTF or anything! Groups went about 2 inches at 15 yds, several shots into the same hole. Recoil with a 9mm weighing this much is pretty much non-existent. 3-dot Novak sights standard on the gun. Calling today to order 2 more mags.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    After my frst range session (back yard= 20 acres of woods), I had to drift the rear sight just a bit with a punch, but I have to do that with all my guns. 50 rds factory and 100 rds of my own reloads. No problems! No FTE,FTF or anything! Groups went about 2 inches at 15 yds, several shots into the same hole. Recoil with a 9mm weighing this much is pretty much non-existent. 3-dot Novak sights standard on the gun. Calling today to order 2 more mags.

NICE gun! Looks like you got a great buy. I'd sure be interested in what kind of groups you can get out of that at 25 yards if you happen to shoot any at that distance.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    They make a great albeit uncommon gun for USPSA production and IDPA stock service pistol divisions. They have very smooth double action triggers, and then the reset is the shortest of any conventional double action pistol.

Top Bottom