• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hehman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Im a 6'5 300lbs fella, whats a decent handgun to carry thats fairly compact or easily concealed. But yet will fit my sausage fingers nicely. currently im carrying a gen 2 glock .40 cal.

thanks in advance,
    hehman

Hehman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    @ jeremy1066, mainly looking for something newer, maybe a little more comfortable to carry, tad bit more compact. @indy1911 the thought has crossed my mind on more than one occasion

Hehman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I have a gen 2 g22. i was thinking maybe something along the lines of like a g17 or a subcompact 9mm. given the fact if its comfy in my hand

CAT 1000B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    A Glock 23 sounds like a good fit for you. It is more compact and you could use your G22 magazines in it.

spray73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    G23 or G27 if you're dead set on sticking to Glock. I just cannot get comfortable with that frame.. My next cc will be a Sig more than likely.. Or another M&P. Fell in love with a P229 today. But I'm looking to keep in the. 40 range as that's what I already have.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Look into the other plastic guns as well. Lots of people are loving the smith m&p, the Springfield Dx/m, Walther ppq, heckler usp. All are right up there with glock on reliability.

I'd go to a gun show or a lgs and fondle a few. Pick whichever you like best. Lots of great choices are out there for you these days, and it's almost hard to go wrong (although there are still some turds out there).

PhilDeez

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    I'm five nine and pushing three hundred pounds. I carry a SR40c almost everyday. It's not to big, but it's not too small. Just perfect for me. I think the perfect holster for you will make more of a difference than the actual gun. I switched from a crossbreed supertuck to a white hat holster max tuck. Night and day difference.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    A Glock 23 sounds like a good fit for you. It is more compact and you could use your G22 magazines in it.

^^^ This or a 27 if you want to go smaller yet.

As mentioned, these choices maintain your ammo compatibility, downward magazine compatibility, and manual of arms - if such things are important to you.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom