• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usafmaverick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    First off, Im new to INGO, so thanks for having me and my first official post.

So I recently got a Glock 19 Gen 4 and am looking at a Mtac Minotaur CCW holster. Surely, Im not the only motorcycle rider on this forum. So my question is this (despite the fact that its quickly approaching the winter months) what do you wear when you carry on a motorcycle and how comfortable/uncomfortable do you find it?

As I said, I have a Glock 19. I ride a sports bike, a Kawasaki Ninja ZX7R. If you would include your holster and gun, I would appreciate the information.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    On trips I always wore an Ogio Flight Vest (awesome piece of dual sport/off road touring kit, by the way) with my Glock 27 in the front left lower pocket. I had a holster mounted inside with Velcro.

That probably won't help you, though.

JustOneMore

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Franklin
    I ride aHarley Ultra Classic and carry either a Kahr cw40 in a Don Hume Jit holster or a Springfield XD40 in a Blackhawk serpa.

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I carry in my basket.

2i29hh.jpg

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Harley Davidson Road King. I may be found to carry a variety of 1 of 4 carry guns. Regardless of choice, all will ride in a Milt Sparks VM-2 under Fox Creek Leather.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I ride a Kawasaki 500 Ninja and generally carry a Charter Arms .44 Buldog in a Tagua forward tilt belt holster. It conceals easily under a t-shirt in the summer.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    I ride a harley v-rod and i ccw with a crossbreed supertuck holster and a compact xd 9mm. Holster is comfortable in all weather and clothing, even with a passenger.
    DSC_0240.jpg

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Back when I rode a motorcycle, my mode of carry was dependant on the weather and "how" I was going to be riding. (I was a sportbike rider, Suzuki GSXR1100's exclusively to be exact.)

If the weather was hot/warm and/or my riding intentions were just cruising, I carried a J-frame in an ankle holster and kept my G17 in a magnetic tank bag that I had modded with a holster in it. Tank bag also stored my spare mags, cellphone and other misc. items.

If the weather was cool and/or my riding intentions that evening were to be, how should I say this, more aggresive/purposefull, I would wear my Vanson jacket and carried my G17 in a Calco Miami Classic shoulder holster and a J-frame in an ankle holster.

I never carried any guns on my beltline when riding, it was just too uncomfortable for me. My bikes were all lowered and stretched with pretty stiff suspension set-ups.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I've been riding Ventures since '90. I currently ride an '06 Yamaha RS Venture. (Pic here)

I recently started carrying a Taurus 445 with 2" barrel, and bobbed hammer. (Pic here.)

I wear a Unik euro/flat track style leather jacket - zipper up the center with four vertical air vents on the front (The lower two are outside pockets.) and two on the back. It has upper inside front pockets.

I designed (I used a Soft Armor 15L as a basic pattern, and a source for the backstraps. I made patterns, and cut the fabric.) and my wife sewed up (Canvas, a thin layer of padding, some lining material, and heavy duty velcro to hold the muzzle end in place.) and installed a holster to replace the left inside front pocket. Positioning is pretty much the same as a horizontal shoulder holster. The pocket still snaps.

Draw is good, though it's a little difficult to put back because of the backstraps. With the lining and a down vest (Seasonal, of course.) the bulge is pretty noticeable when it's zipped up. Without the vest or lining and the zipper half up, it's not all that noticeable. Unzipped, even with the lining, it's just a heavy jacket.

I have no idea what I'll do in July and August, when I usually forgo the jacket and wear a Kevlar mesh Draggin' shirt over a t-shirt. I really can't imagine hiding anything under that.

Trpanther

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I ride a Shadow 1100 and have a Glock 23 and a Kimber pro carry II, I wear a Blackhawk Serpa level 2 when I carry my Glock and a Bianchi Carrylok when I carry my Kimber. Both hold my weapon close to my body, secure, and concealed under a tee shirt. I sometimes were a 511 tactical holster shirt which works well also but do not suggest it in the summer when it is hot.

Captain Caveman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Greenwood, Indiana
    I ride a 1200 Custom. During summer months I carry oc on the waist. During Winter I carry using shoulder holster or concealment vest because there is no room at my waist with the jacket and chaps.

Top Bottom