• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Ok guys we all know these topics get beat to death but I need to ask it again. Im looking for a CC pistol. I need it in 9mm, I have decent size hands so pistols like the 709 just feels way to small. I know a lot of the smaller pistols are not a lot of fun to shoot say at the range so I need it to somewhat serve that purpose as well. Ive had full size pistols for a long while but would like to get something that's just a bit easier to carry, I have a slender build so the larger frame tends to be bothersome even though they are a lot of fun at the range. It will be my only pistol so needs to be able to serve both purposes. Any ideas :dunno:?........

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    The guns I would recommend taking a look at are:

Glock 19
    S&W M&P9c

Both are 9mm. Both are reliable. Both are compact for easy carry, but are still large enough for home defense and fun time at the range.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In

Glock 19
    S&W M&P9c

Both are 9mm. Both are reliable. Both are compact for easy carry, but are still large enough for home defense and fun time at the range.

I didn't even think of the M&P9c! That's a good call. There pretty tough to find from what I hear tho?.....

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Nothing wrong with either of those choices above. Plenty of excellent reviews for them.

Glock 26 vs Smith and Wesson m&p 9c - Glock Talk (see picture comparison)

I think it is worth pointing out that the M&P9C and Glock 23 are similar sized. The Kahr CW9, which is a similar height to the Taurus 709, is a similar sized height to the M&P9C. So as far as real estate goes, the Kahr might be comparable to those.

I have a slender frame also, so a single stack pistol is more comfortable and easier to conceal for me. I own a CW9 and it is very easy and controllable to shoot. If you prefer a larger frame single stack, Rock Island has many different 9mm pistols, in compact and full size as well. Another single stack option could be the Walther PPS.

There are plenty of options out there. Is there any way for you to be more specific with what you are looking for or what you have already experienced and liked or didn't like? Double or single stack?

Cheers,
    ST

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Double stack: xdm compact, xd compact, m&p c, I've heard the ppq is relatively small for a "full size", glock has offerings
    Single stack: xds, m&p shield, ppq, something from kahr

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The three major polymer types have been covered:

M&P (the full sized 9mm conceals easy, esp. with appendix carry. I'm a small guy and didn't even bother buying the smaller version)
    M&P9c
    XDM 9mm compact
    XD 9mm compact
    Glock 19

You really can't go wrong with any of them. Shoot them all and figure out which one fits you best.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    You can conceal just about any handgun, some just require you to change your style of clothes a little. Tonight, I carried a fullsize M&P with a Surefire X300. We were outside so I had on a light jacket, and no one(that I know of) was the wiser.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    You can conceal just about any handgun, some just require you to change your style of clothes a little. Tonight, I carried a fullsize M&P with a Surefire X300. We were outside so I had on a light jacket, and no one(that I know of) was the wiser.

Yup Ive concealed my 1911, M&P full Size when I had it, An my Glock 17 when I had it. Just looking for something a little more conducive to conceal carry.

Bigbuck5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Arcadia, IN
    My choice is the Glock 19. You can't really go wrong with a 26 either. If the Glock isn't your flavor, try the Smith M&Pc or Sig P228. All great choices.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Glock 19
    S&W M&P9c

This is the correct answer. The 9c is between the size of a Glock 19 and 26.

I've got a 9c I'm probably going to list in the classifieds soon myself. I carry Glock and wanted to get into the 9c but I have too many years of using a Glock trigger and just could not easily make the transition. If you don't have that issue, the 9c can be an excellent carry piece.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    i don't know how slim is too slim for you... but I've liked (shot some and only window shopped others) these:
    walther PPS
    Shield
    Khar CW9 (and maybe CM9 or PM9?)
    XDs in 9mm
    then of course on the thicker side w/ double-stack mag
    Glock 19 or 26 (the 26 is VERY concealable if you don't mind the width)
    Ruger SR9c
    M&P 9c

happy hunting

DIRTROAD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I love my EMP lot of fun to shoot and nice size to carry ,my is a 9mm but you could get in a 40 for a little more punch

Top Bottom