• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    It really comes down to you. Do you plan to wear that bag around everywhere? If so, reconsider a normal looking backpack with multiple compartments. Many brands make quality packs with molle inserts. Do you mean as a grab bag from your vehicle? If so, just about anything will work that you like. Haley strategic comes to mind. I personally have an extra spare carry magazine in my sunglasses holder in my vehicle. I don’t carry an AR in my vehicle because I don’t want to find a safe solution, as there are not many, in addition to getting it in and out every night.

There was a time when things were getting hairy around Covid where I kept full ceramic armor, my battle belt, etc in the back of the vehicle. Talk of riots, plans for looting and pillaging neighbors in Fishers surfacing online, etc. As those days have gone by, I find more use keeping those at my home.

When looking for simple looking packs that house a verity of magazine storage needs, VertX comes to mind. Haley strategic and Spiritus systems are top of mind for me in that realm. But it all comes to budget and what you need.

Is Haley superior to something off Amazon? Of course. Will some Chinese made grey man bag with molle compartments work on the cheap? Very likely yes.

Any direction, I prefer Estaac Kywi inserts first, and HSG taco pouches second for mags. Tacos are amazing, but I’ve experienced too many snags during training that Estaac Kywi did not give me. To say, I feel it’s more about the inserts than the bag quality.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I usually think of bail out bags for more than just spare mags. Spare mags + some other support gear. If the OP is only/just wanting spare mag capability, a bandolier solution is less expensive, less bulky, and lighter. Want stand alone? Want to attach it to a vest or belt? Want bomb proof, or just something to fill an occasional need?

Midway has a 6 mag pistol bando for about $10 a 4 Mag AR for bando for $11, and 8 mag AR for $20ish. Not bombproof, but not terrible either. They're minimal. Nothing like the 5.11 bailout bag. These might work fine or be completely unsuitable for you. Just depends on your use case.

FYI. YMMV. All the usual disclaimers apply. Write when you find work. Don't take any wooden nickels. :twocents:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    What's the intended use / deployment?

Looking for a way to carry a couple spare pistol mags on your belt as part of your EDC?

Do you just want a way to get mags to and from the range for training or classes?

Looking for a full battle set-up in case SHTF?

These scenarios would each lend themselves to different solutions.

Mission drives the gear. Posting more about your intended use cases would give the group more to go off of.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    What's the intended use / deployment?

Looking for a way to carry a couple spare pistol mags on your belt as part of your EDC?

Do you just want a way to get mags to and from the range for training or classes?

Looking for a full battle set-up in case SHTF?

These scenarios would each lend themselves to different solutions.

Mission drives the gear. Posting more about your intended use cases would give the group more to go off of.
    I was playing a mind game where the scenario is rapid deployment/bug out. I wanted something like a ruck sack that would hold multiple AR magazines and several Clock 21 mags too.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    I usually think of bail out bags for more than just spare mags. Spare mags + some other support gear. If the OP is only/just wanting spare mag capability, a bandolier solution is less expensive, less bulky, and lighter. Want stand alone? Want to attach it to a vest or belt? Want bomb proof, or just something to fill an occasional need?

Midway has a 6 mag pistol bando for about $10 a 4 Mag AR for bando for $11, and 8 mag AR for $20ish. Not bombproof, but not terrible either. They're minimal. Nothing like the 5.11 bailout bag. These might work fine or be completely unsuitable for you. Just depends on your use case.

FYI. YMMV. All the usual disclaimers apply. Write when you find work. Don't take any wooden nickels. :twocents:

i just set up the midway 6 mag pouch to use with the large pocket on my tandemkross rifle bag i use for my ruger PC9 at teel matches. got tired of having my 33rd glock mags falling all over the place inside the pocket.
    i use a midway AR15 mag bag for my M&P 15-22 mags when i take all my loaded mags to a match. i take out 2-3 mags and put them in the pocket of the rifle bag and i'm good to go for 1 stage, instead of hauling multiple mags around.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I have a love/hate relationship with Blue Force Gear Ten Speed pouches, but I can't quit them... I've had one of these for years and it's a great low profile way to carry mags and gear. You could carry six AR mags, or four AR mags and four pistol mags, or two pistol mags and some medical. It's a pretty handy little piece of kit that stores small and straps on pretty fast.

Last edited:

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    I have a couple of these from Amazon. Fits 8 PMAGs in the main pouch and still have room for pistol magazines on top of the PMAGs. Plus the front zippered pouch will hold 6 to 10 pistol magazines depending on size. Solid handle to carry it and its a sling that can be setup for left or right. Works on the chest or the back. Couple pics below of mine.

Main Storage
    IMG_2715.JPG

Front Zippered Pouch
    IMG_2717.JPG

Next to a HK USP Compact in a Tier 1 AIWB for size reference
    IMG_2718.JPG

Top Bottom