• ...and so much more!
  • Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    Look up "Shepard v. Madigan" ; Elderly church Sec. beaten and left for dead in Il. She is trained and has LTCH's from 2 states ,but can't carry in Il. Has a suit filed.
    I believe this shows need for carry in churches. From article at Guns.com about a vote ten Il counties took about carry in Il.

Ltrain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I carry every Sunday. Either my tuckable iwb holster with my m&p 9c or in my pocket with the Sig p238, depending on my apparel. No one knows that's why it's called concealed carry.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I know of a church close to Evansville whose pastor used to be an FFL and has been witness to Christ for 30 years. He, his son and 8 to 9 members are armed at every Church service and event.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Like I have said in the past, if I felt uncomfortable carrying at church then I should probably re-evaluate either why I'm going to church or why I'm carrying.

brian.derby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Used to be a time when even the most hardened of criminals respected Holy Ground. Not so today. I happen to go to a church where there is a very visible ARMED presence and know of several people who carry CC there as well. Pastor's are all LTCH holders as well as staff.... so like the man says... "Do you fell lucky punk?.... Well do ya?"

jiggypete

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    I have a buddy who told me several years ago that he always carried at church. Now that I've gotten into guns, and seen the crazy things going on in the world, I carry every weekend, just like I would anywhere else.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I do not carry at church. I have an awesome church, Connection Pointe Christian Church in Brownsburg. However, it has a daycare, both on Sundays & during the week. So, it is also considered a school. Not legal for me to carry.

The good news is, there are always at least 3-4 uniformed Brownsburg Police Officers there that are OC'ing. I assume they are being paid by the church, but I have never asked. I hate not carrying there, as you never know, but I have to follow the law. At least it is not a flock that is helpless without any sheepdogs watching over.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I do not carry at church. I have an awesome church, Connection Pointe Christian Church in Brownsburg. However, it has a daycare, both on Sundays & during the week. So, it is also considered a school. Not legal for me to carry.

The good news is, there are always at least 3-4 uniformed Brownsburg Police Officers there that are OC'ing. I assume they are being paid by the church, but I have never asked. I hate not carrying there, as you never know, but I have to follow the law. At least it is not a flock that is helpless without any sheepdogs watching over.

I don't think you realize this but it is possible to carry at a school if you have permission from the property owner or whoever is in charge- a pastor or church board would be sufficient.

[STRIKE]
    Also ironically enough if the cops are not there on official business or hired by the church or have permission to be armed there they are breaking the law. Not that they would EVER be charged or convicted.
    [/STRIKE]

The law I was thinking of is the federal school zone safety act and while the wording would leave you to believe that only LEOs there on official business are exempt, so are LTCH holders and Indiana LEOs are never truly "off duty" and would likely be considered exempt.

I wanted to clear up the confusion that this had to do with IC concerning schools.

Last edited:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I don't think you realize this but it is possible to carry at a school if you have permission from the property owner or whoever is in charge- a pastor or church board would be sufficient.

Also ironically enough if the cops are not there on official business or hired by the church or have permission to be armed there they are breaking the law. Not that they would EVER be charged or convicted.

I've been tempted to ask the main priest at my church since they are building a school on the grounds...

I have my doubts that he'll grant me permission.

What sucks is that the church is in the middle of nowhere. There is absolutely no parking anywhere else off church grounds.

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    I went to my wife's cousin's wedding this weekend and carried my LC9 in my pocket the whole time, no one knew about that.

Beyond that I don't go to church so no worries for me there.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

I've been tempted to ask the main priest at my church since they are building a school on the grounds...

I have my doubts that he'll grant me permission.

What sucks is that the church is in the middle of nowhere. There is absolutely no parking anywhere else off church grounds.

I thought about this and figure that God is the absolute power within any church and He alone has the last Word on the subject.

So I prayed and He said it was cool. :)

Now if I could just get it in writing like on a stone tablet or something. :n00b:

marinemom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Columbus
    I CC in church and I am not alone. Do you think it is a sin or are you just wondering:):
    I even cc when I am teaching the little bits in the basement. There are only 2 ways out beside the window wells, so I want to be certain that I can protect us if the need arises.

Top Bottom