• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    What does "getting permission mean"? does that exempt you from daycare/school laws or something?

You MIGHT just want to read them there laws yourself just so YOU might have an idea of EXACTLY what they do and don't say. I don't think I'd want to take someones word for it. Not that he's wrong but if the police would arrest you explaining that "NO NO Bunnykid68 said it was OK". Might not get you too far!

No offense Bunny but I think you know what I mean!

Ejohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Dublin, IN
    I CC in church every Sunday. I doubt anyone even knows except the pastor and a few friends. Our preacher has had threats before, and he's not bullet-proof.
    My dad CC's in his church, and he coordinated a plan with other CC people on an active-shooter plan and evacuation. His pastor is a retired PO and has quite a few officers that attend, including my dad.
    I do believe God will protect me, but at the same time, He never said that I couldn't protect myself!!!

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I can see your resume now.............."Lead a SWAT team...." :yesway:

:laugh:

I can imagine an interview. So, what was your worst sting? Dude, there were 5yo's everywhere. I was on my own, waiting for backup. Went Rambo style and swatted em all. Nothin left but me and my mine. :):

chrisjross85

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Martinsville,IN
    I carry every week in church I actually have been approach by my Pastor and asked if I would on a daily basis, about a year ago we had a scary issue. We had a guy come in the front door with a camera taking pictures of our pastor and saying all sorts of things, I never pulled my weapon obviously however what if it weren't a camera what would you do if you didn't carry. I'm just saying my personnel option is the one time you don't carry your firearm will be the one time that you actually need it, I pray I never need mine so I carry everyday at my house and my church.

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm reminded of a bumper sticker I saw several years ago. "If money is the root of all evil, why do churches beg for it?"

They still have to pay wages, utilities, food, taxes.
    Yes, taxes. They are not exempt from ALL taxes, only some.

Charity work is another biggie.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    You MIGHT just want to read them there laws yourself just so YOU might have an idea of EXACTLY what they do and don't say. I don't think I'd want to take someones word for it. Not that he's wrong but if the police would arrest you explaining that "NO NO Bunnykid68 said it was OK". Might not get you too far!

No offense Bunny but I think you know what I mean!

Thanks for the advice, but I was looking more for an answer. At least an answer provides search terms for the interwebs, but your advice was pretty much useless.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm reminded of a bumper sticker I saw several years ago. "If money is the root of all evil, why do churches beg for it?"

The bumper sticker quoted the passage wrong. Money is not the root of evil. Also, churches do not beg for money, at least mine doesn't. So, do you carry at your church?

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    So, how is our situational awareness in a worship service?
    Bow your heads and close your eyes.
    Maybe lift your hands and close your eyes and praise your
    creator.

I personally like the concept of the sound guy being armed.
    Where we congregate, there are plenty of better qualified,
    discretely armed folks, so I leave my weapon , with permission,
    in my vehicle. There is really no street parking close to the
    Church and school.It was getting to be a pita to go back home
    to pick up a gun after Church.

Thanks

Mark

Stan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    Yup I carry all day every day and if its a place were I can I some times do and if I don't I carry my pocket sword.

Gary337

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    We have a small group that CC at my church. Several of us have attended a church security training where there were several churchs from Urban/Rural Indiana. I think that CC in churchs is more common that we thought.

It appears that churches more and more are becoming targets. Satan attacks everywhere.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    We have a small group that CC at my church. Several of us have attended a church security training where there were several churchs from Urban/Rural Indiana. I think that CC in churchs is more common that we thought.

It appears that churches more and more are becoming targets. Satan attacks everywhere.

Agreed - Satan's a Dick! :)

:welcome:

Top Bottom