• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm curious how everyone carries at home. I know after a long day at work, as soon as I get home I change my clothes. Usually I'm styling in a pair of baggy sweat pants or when it's real hot, a pair of shorts. I haven't carried my gun while I'm wearing this, but my gun is very close. I know I probably should carry it on my person. But how do you guys do it?

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Right now...sitting at my computer I am carrying, sometimes OC...sometimes CC. I work in ILL., so when I get home I strap the holster on.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Still on me. Will be until bedtime. Home is still worth protecting, so I still carry here. Its also easier to keep it on me, rather than take it on/off.

WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    IWB @ 3 o'clock

I usually wear the same jeans/t-shirt at work until 10:00 at night when I get in the shower so there's no need to remove the holster or pistol from my person.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I either go with just pocket carry of a Sig P238, but if I do put the 1911 on (which is most of the time at home) it goes into a Fobus paddle holster or Galco Fletch holster. I don't worry about concealment at home or at relatives houses, so I don't get too much use out of the IWB MTac. The Fobus is handy for just clipping it on quickly but I like the Galco holster better. I pretty much wear jeans all of the time but if I'm heading for the gym or in something that does not lend itself to a gun belt, I stick with the P238.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    carry like I do all day long at work. Once I decide to take it off, like now, it is sitting on the table beside me.

What she said. If I'm wandering around in housecoat or lounge pants, I just carry it with me and set it beside me till I get dressed. My M85 will fit wonderfully in the pockets of those, or shorts without belts. Looking forward to getting it, which has taken longer than I'd planned, but the time is here :D

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    I'm at a 1bdrm apartment, so I typically just sit it next to wherever I am. When I move to a larger place I could see leaving my carry gun in the bedroom and having a pocket pistol for the rest of the house

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I normally change into a pair of "working pants" and carry in an OWB holster. Yesterday I came home and did so with no shirt on. Just doing yardwork outside with no shirt and an OWB/open carry. The new neighbor sort of looked at me funny, but didn't say anything. But she was kinda creeping me out, she was just sitting on a lawnchair in her garage, for several hours (she was there when I got home from work and she was still sitting in the chair when I went to bed).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I spend a good portion of my day in my living room chair and sometimes sleep in my chair (depending on how I feel physically). My chair is over-sized so there is plenty of room for me to have my P229 in it's holster and be able to draw the weapon. If I recline, I place it on the table at my right hand.

inFALable

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Hamilton Co.
    All the time, anywhere legal. The farthest I get from at least one pistol is in the shower. Even then its just a couple of feet away. If for some reason I put on some work out pants (rare) I'll slip my Kahr P380 in my pocket.

MikeBear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Brazil, IN
    Since my wife and I do not have children, and I don't keep all my guns in one place, there is always one close and ready to use.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom