• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trevorreplys

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    I have been reading on some other forums, my dad mentioned it a few times, and I think I saw one or two posts about it on this forum (Couldn't find the post to quote from)

Conceal carrying at 18 I know a lot of guys that have since they were 18 that is not a problem. I have a full sized Taurus Pt99 which tends to print pretty well on my clothes but I love it (got it on INGO :D). So I started open carrying around the house/ doing outside chores so I didn't always have the thought 'I wounder if they can see it' and it was ALOT more comfortable.

I do have my LTCH but my dad wouldn't let me go to the Walmart yesterday because he claims a cop could get me for 'disturbing the peace' or at least hassle me about it. Is this true? Anyone have experience with open carry at a younger age? If I got in this situation all I would have to do is show my permit right / ID right?

For the Record: I do not dress trashy with baggy pants way to big fitting shirts.. you know what I mean by that. I also have a nice and secure Open Carry holster.

Thanks for the help INGO :ingo:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Yes... Someone MIGHT see it and call in a "man with gun" call.

But most of the times, even with your shirt bloused over the holster... no one will notice.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have been reading on some other forums, my dad mentioned it a few times, and I think I saw one or two posts about it on this forum (Couldn't find the post to quote from)

Conceal carrying at 18 I know a lot of guys that have since they were 18 that is not a problem. I have a full sized Taurus Pt99 which tends to print pretty well on my clothes but I love it (got it on INGO :D). So I started open carrying around the house/ doing outside chores so I didn't always have the thought 'I wounder if they can see it' and it was ALOT more comfortable.

I do have my LTCH but my dad wouldn't let me go to the Walmart yesterday because he claims a cop could get me for 'disturbing the peace' or at least hassle me about it. Is this true? Anyone have experience with open carry at a younger age? If I got in this situation all I would have to do is show my permit right / ID right?

For the Record: I do not dress trashy with baggy pants way to big fitting shirts.. you know what I mean by that. I also have a nice and secure Open Carry holster.

Thanks for the help INGO :ingo:

Absolutely correct, HOWEVER, you may be subjecting yourself to a lecture from LEO about the "problems" with OC.

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    well, i would first be surprised to hear anyone would question it in the first place. if daddy says not to do it, take my advice and don't do it while you are with him. i have carried since i was 18 and carried a pt99 as well starting out(i love that gun). if a leo were to hassle or lecture you i would be amazed. sure, you could cross pass with the one penis head jerk with a badge who wants to make a statement in front of everyone at walmart, if that happens respectfully request another officer join the party. our 2A protects us from this kinda problem and we live in a pretty accepting society for firearms. do what daddy says when you are with him but if you're a legal eagle, wear it with PRIDE!

Trevorreplys

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    I am not to worried about a warning or a talk with a officer. My record is clean and I am not the kind of person that talks back or hassles with a LEO. Was just worried of breaking a rule I hadn't heard about and getting taken home in a cop car or something. That would be my ticket out of the house.
    Thanks INGO. Another problem solved :D

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    If the WalMart management sees it or is told of it and tells you to leave, you have to do so, but that's unrelated to your firearm. Be polite. Be respectful. Move as a sheep amongst the flock, but never let your guard down Odds are, you'll have no hassles.

Blessings,
    Bill

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    well, i would first be surprised to hear anyone would question it in the first place. if daddy says not to do it, take my advice and don't do it while you are with him. i have carried since i was 18 and carried a pt99 as well starting out(i love that gun). if a leo were to hassle or lecture you i would be amazed. sure, you could cross pass with the one penis head jerk with a badge who wants to make a statement in front of everyone at walmart, if that happens respectfully request another officer join the party. our 2A protects us from this kinda problem and we live in a pretty accepting society for firearms. do what daddy says when you are with him but if you're a legal eagle, wear it with PRIDE!

I will also agree with bigiron.

As long as you are living at home and under "his roof", then "his rules". I'll even go so far as to applying that to a college living situation in the future...if your folks are footing the bill.

Respecting your father's wishes right now while you're at home will go far into making you the man you will be one day. I promise.

-J-

J4Me

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    "As long as you are living at home and under "his roof", then "his rules". I'll even go so far as to applying that to a college living situation in the future...if your folks are footing the bill.

Respecting your father's wishes right now while you're at home will go far into making you the man you will be one day. I promise."

Couldn't have said it better myself. +1

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Absolutely correct, HOWEVER, you may be subjecting yourself to a lecture from LEO about the "problems" with OC.

Sorry to have to say this, but I would tell a LEO to go {removed word - techres} if he/she is wanting to lecture me about the "problems" if I choose to OC. I would ask if I were being detained and if not, I would be gone.

INGunGuy

Last edited by a moderator:

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    I will also agree with bigiron.

As long as you are living at home and under "his roof", then "his rules". I'll even go so far as to applying that to a college living situation in the future...if your folks are footing the bill.

Respecting your father's wishes right now while you're at home will go far into making you the man you will be one day. I promise.

-J-

yup, lot's of us have been in a similar situation to you... take a deep breath count to ten and say ok Dad. Maybe send him our way, so he's not confused about any laws as far as OC. Just be glad he's letting you own a handgun and carry it around the house... some of us weren't that lucky at your age!

cherrynutz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Bremen
    I went Wal Mart just off of Grape road a few weeks ago. Wasn't open carrying, but my jacket must have came up and shown the Kimber and just as I was getting to the checkout a Mishawaka officer approached me. Asked me if I had a handgun on me and if I did, did I have my gun permit. Told him I did and he asked for it. Then he went to talk to the manager who was standing close. Told me have a nice night and that was it.

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    I went Wal Mart just off of Grape road a few weeks ago. Wasn't open carrying, but my jacket must have came up and shown the Kimber and just as I was getting to the checkout a Mishawaka officer approached me. Asked me if I had a handgun on me and if I did, did I have my gun permit. Told him I did and he asked for it. Then he went to talk to the manager who was standing close. Told me have a nice night and that was it.

I probably would have walked over the managed witht he stuff I was about to buy, given them to him and left. I see people OCing in the Bedford walmart( old and new) all the time and have never seen them bothered.

cherrynutz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Bremen
    I'm pretty sure it wasn't a Wal-Mart employee or the manager that called. There was an older lady that I think was the one. Maybe she thought I was to young to carry...???

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I actualy know someone who was asked to leave, when he was open carrying in Walmart. Best advice, is follow what your Dad says. There is always going to be some jerk, wanting to stir the pot.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    I thought Waly World has stated they follow local laws concerning guns. If you're being removed from a store for carrying a firearm I'd explain that to the manager in charge and if he takes action right then and there, calls corperate I'd give him props. If he refused I'd go above him and contact corp. myself.

One time I was leaving walmart and the door nazi ask to see my reciept and I kindly said, no, not required by law. She told me to stop or she'd call the police. I then asked her if I was being detained, and she said, well you can't leave until you show me the reciept. I said ok, then I'll call the cops for you and tell them I am being illegally detained and that I wouldn't have to shop at walmart anymore after all the money I made in the law suit I would file if she kept me there. Well needless to say there was a cop already there, he lectured the door nazi and the manager and I went about my way never to return to that walmart again.

JUMBO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I thought Waly World has stated they follow local laws concerning guns. If you're being removed from a store for carrying a firearm I'd explain that to the manager in charge and if he takes action right then and there, calls corperate I'd give him props. If he refused I'd go above him and contact corp. myself.

One time I was leaving walmart and the door nazi ask to see my reciept and I kindly said, no, not required by law. She told me to stop or she'd call the police. I then asked her if I was being detained, and she said, well you can't leave until you show me the reciept. I said ok, then I'll call the cops for you and tell them I am being illegally detained and that I wouldn't have to shop at walmart anymore after all the money I made in the law suit I would file if she kept me there. Well needless to say there was a cop already there, he lectured the door nazi and the manager and I went about my way never to return to that walmart again.

+1 for trnsplntfrmohio

juggaloxjj4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    i had a bad run in with an officer at my local cvs. I just went in there to pick up some gauze and peroxide paid and was walking out and before i got the the exit i heard someone say "hey hold on there buddy" so i turned around and saw some guy and i said "what do you need" he pulled out his badge and informed me he was an off duty officer. He asked to see my ltch and my id so i did they he started to give me the whole speal about oc and what not so i politly asked him "officer before you finish am i being arrested or detained at the moment?" and he said " no your not" so i politly told him to go fornicate with himself and walked out. I have absolutly no problems with police officers what so ever who i have problems with are people who want to give me there :twocents: when i didnt even ask for it.

Top Bottom