• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amac91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    NWI
    I just received a Glock 21 in a trade from a fellow Ingo member that I intended on using as a nightstand gun primarily. However, he had a Crossbreed Supertuck that he threw in with it and today I figured what the hell, I'll try CC'ing a fullsize .45acp gun. Turns out very easy to do with my normal attire. Didn't even have to dress around it and as long as I paid attention to my shirt getting caught on the grip once I stood up after sitting for a period of fine, I had no problems concealing it whatsoever. I'm not a big guy at 5'10" 165lbs either. I can definitely see myself carrying this bad boy a lot more often than anticipated.

That got me thinking, how many other people carry a full size gun on a day to day basis? I had never once even considered it before and I'm glad I gave it a shot. 14 rounds of .45 feels a little more reassuring than 11 of 9mm.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I carry a G17 as my EDC with TLR1. I have no issues with size or conceal ability. I also am wheelchair bound so I can easily tuck my EDC behind my back between myself and my wheelchair back still in easy and quick reach. But even so the size doesn't bother my back by digging in, poking, etc. It is very comfortable and practical in my eyes. However at home I switch from a belt holster at the 8 o'clock position to a wheelchair mounted holster.

Amac91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    NWI
    Probably would have also been good to ask how people carry them too. I'm partial to IWB mainly because I hate bumping my guns on things which tends to happen alot more OWB.

dragun762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    I have ways carried full sized. ive had a glock 21, a taurus pt 99, ruger p90, beretta 92, sig sp2022, and in my 20's even a tec 9 ina shoulder rig...lol. always used a paddle type holster for the ease and adapability. i carry on the right ( im a righty) unless wearing a coat that was going to be zipped up then i carried on the left so i wouldnt have to unzip my coat as far to get at it.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    full size 1911, if chilly or cold i use a should rig , if not IWB, but im a big guy 6' 4" 310# so its easy enough ........ but i OC alot as well , whatever is comfortable for the day , i am a little obsessed in having multiple comfortable holsters for year round carry

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Sometimes a Kimber 1911 Tactical Custom II, or a S&W M10 w/ 4in bbl. Either on a belt, pancake style, or IWB clip type.(Hume makes a great IWB, #715). Maybe a shoulder rig in nylon. If in a 2 gun carry, combos are nice if same calibers. EG. M10 S&W 38 Spec, and S&W 442, 38 Spec. Speed strips to reload, or dump pouch. Both work well. I like Blackhawk style Kydex, however the holsters seem to bulge on my belt, have to really dress around the gear with loose oversized shirts. Try a few to fit your needs, I always look at the used boxes before buying new.

Lonewolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    I personally think you can carry really any size handgun if you can find the proper holster. I personally like Raven Concealment, and I carry full size Glocks and Sigs like its nothing; I sometimes forget they are there its that comfortable.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Currently I carry a Ruger P95. In the near future it will be replaced with my GI Expert. The holster for the Ruger is an OWB and I'll be getting an IWB for the 1911. Summer is coming up.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If I carry a gun, it's a full sized M&P9 in either a Raven phantom or a Henry hybrid. (When I don't carry a gun, a J-frame usually goes into my pocket)

It's amazing what a GOOD GUN BELT will do to aid in the carrying of a larger firearm. Second to that would be a GOOD HOLSTER. (You'll note that I didn't say "expensive")

A GOOD belt + "eh" holster will still carry much better than a cruddy belt + great holster.

DMND1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    HELL'S HIGHWAY
    I sometimes carry a HK usp 45 if I feel the need to carry a full size . But need to dress for it cause it is so large its not a summer CC :)

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I just received a Glock 21 in a trade from a fellow Ingo member that I intended on using as a nightstand gun primarily. However, he had a Crossbreed Supertuck that he threw in with it and today I figured what the hell, I'll try CC'ing a fullsize .45acp gun. Turns out very easy to do with my normal attire. Didn't even have to dress around it and as long as I paid attention to my shirt getting caught on the grip once I stood up after sitting for a period of fine, I had no problems concealing it whatsoever. I'm not a big guy at 5'10" 165lbs either. I can definitely see myself carrying this bad boy a lot more often than anticipated.

That got me thinking, how many other people carry a full size gun on a day to day basis? I had never once even considered it before and I'm glad I gave it a shot. 14 rounds of .45 feels a little more reassuring than 11 of 9mm.

M&P 9mm pro 5", S&W model 66 4", S&W 1911 SC e series. I carry them all.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I carried a Colt 1911 Officers Model :patriot:with customizing by D&L Sports :patriot:with a Kramer :patriot:horse hide IWB holster for many years. For now my EDC is a 2011 STI Perfect 10 :patriot:in a Simply Rugged Pancake :patriot:used as a IWB or OWB. I open carry when I carry OWB. If going with the wife, who is anti-gun, it goes IWB with a Tee shirt or sports jacket covering the gun. For big guns I like the Simply Rugged Pancake :patriot:it rides very comfortable.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I carried a full sized 1911 for years. Now I carry a full size Sig P220. On duty I use a OWB pancake holster. Off duty I tend to carry IWB.

cartmanfan15

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Seymour, IN
    I'm an OC kind of guy, so I have always carried a full size. Used to be a Beretta 92/96, then switched to an M&P. Then, I went back to my Beretta 96. I use a Serpa holster and have had no issues.

Top Bottom