• ...and so much more!
  • singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    It would be great if this indeed turns out to be the case. The statement was made by the city's tourism spokesperson, wonder if the NRA will allow this to happen?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It would be great if this indeed turns out to be the case. The statement was made by the city's tourism spokesperson, wonder if the NRA will allow this to happen?

If my memory serves...this was a bone of contention at the last convention and it was allowed.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I will take the heat on this one and wear the flamesuit. I have mixed feelings about carry at the convention. It is not right for a second amendment group to disarm me. Handling guns at the clearing barrel poses a danger, holstered guns are safe. A convention such as this is ripe for a whacko if it becomes a gun free zone.

BUT! As Kirk would say the Cletii will be out. This is a social event with guns. Inevitably some idiot will want to show his idiot buddy his piece. Even so it only seems right to follow the law and allow people to carry. I just hope that any safety violations are dealt with by immediate eviction from the convention. Maybe even put their picture up with the label of dumb*** under it.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Last years event in Huston members who could show their CCW permint were allowed to carry into the event. No one was shot or killed during its three days. The comments by some of the antigun people on the news posting on FB were pretty funny by the antigun people and their lack of knowledge of us firearm owners and blaming the NRA for the issues of violance in our country. NRA Convention 2013: Houston, Texas Affair Expected To Draw More Than 70,000

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I'd be more concerned with a crazy anti-gunner inciting something violent so that it can get in the media and spun around than I would be safety infractions.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I agree with you 100% the1kidd03. It would be just like some left wing antigun person who wants to make a statement on their hate for firearms to use one to kill those who don't agree with them at this event. Killing innocent people is better to them then allowing someone to live who has different ideas, veiws, and beliefs.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I guess I should have highlited it, but what jumped out at me was the statement that " NRA members who have a valid license to carry can carry at the convention". (Paraphrased)

Does this mean that those that aren't members can't, or are they assuming everyone there is a member ?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    My brother an I have been to a few of these.
    Never officially inquired as to the carry rules at the time, but have always gone in - armed.

It would be interesting to see some doofus yell something while aiming a gun at the stage.

He might just vaporize.....POOF.

BuckCreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    From the Indiana Convention Center Facility Guide ( http://www.icclos.com/pdf/ICCLOS_FacilityGuide_JAN_2012.pdf ) :

The recently enacted SEA 292 and its addition of I.C. § 35-47-11.1 to the Indiana Code, effective July 1, 2011 (“Statute”), prohibits, with certain exceptions, a political subdivision from regulating any matter pertaining to firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories (“Firearms”). The implications of the Statute are as follows:The Statute applies to the CIB, as it is a political subdivision (as defined in the Statute);
    As of July 1, 2011, the CIB may not • regulate Firearms in its facilities;
    The Statute does provide for you, as a • promoter and/or organizer of events (“Events”) in the CIB facility that you have licensed (“Licensed Premises”), to, in your discretion, establish rules of conduct or admission to your Events that include restrictions on Firearms;
    ·In the event you establish rules of • conduct or admission for your Events that include restrictions on Firearms, the CIB may enforce those rules of conduct or admission.
    As Licensee, you must provide the CIB with written notice of whether you will establish rules of conduct or admission for your Events that include restrictions on Firearms and to advise us, in your discretion, whether you will be directing us to implement and enforce such rules of conduct or admission.
    Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact your Sales Manager or Event Coordinator.

So it is up to the promoter and/or organizer of the event i.e. the NRA.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    From the Indiana Convention Center Facility Guide ( http://www.icclos.com/pdf/ICCLOS_FacilityGuide_JAN_2012.pdf ) :

So it is up to the promoter and/or organizer of the event i.e. the NRA.

I would expect the NRA, an organization that is is supposed to be defending our rights, to allow legally armed guests to remain armed. That is the meaning of bearing arms. But I do understand if some of those organizing an event such as this would have reservations.

Yes Kidd I agree that there is more risk posed by the Antis then by law abiding gun enthusiasts.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I guess I should have highlited it, but what jumped out at me was the statement that " NRA members who have a valid license to carry can carry at the convention". (Paraphrased)

Does this mean that those that aren't members can't, or are they assuming everyone there is a member ?

No idea. I would imagine that might cause some problems if non members were carrying if that were prohibited.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I'd be more concerned with a crazy anti-gunner inciting something violent so that it can get in the media and spun around than I would be safety infractions.

I agree with you 100% the1kidd03. It would be just like some left wing antigun person who wants to make a statement on their hate for firearms to use one to kill those who don't agree with them at this event. Killing innocent people is better to them then allowing someone to live who has different ideas, veiws, and beliefs.

Yes, realistically speaking, anything is "possible", and while there is always a real possibility that some crazy person will do something bad, the same thing could have been said about the recent Second Amendment rallies held in downtown Indy where lots and lots of people, probably hundreds, where openly carrying handguns and even rifles of all varieties, and to my knowledge there were no tragedies - although I do recall hearing of at least one ND.

I hear you, but I pray that nothing of an evil nature comes to pass. I think it's good thing that folks will be carrying at the convention.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    No idea. I would imagine that might cause some problems if non members were carrying if that were prohibited.

I don't see a problem. I am sure that the NRA will have a table setup somewhere and they will be more then happy to sign up members. I honestly don't know if this is for members only or if it is open to the public. But if it is a convention for members then I suppose membership should be required.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Yes, realistically speaking, anything is "possible", and while there is always a real possibility that some crazy person will do something bad, the same thing could have been said about the recent Second Amendment rallies held in downtown Indy where lots and lots of people, probably hundreds, where openly carrying handguns and even rifles of all varieties, and to my knowledge there were no tragedies - although I do recall hearing of at least one ND.

I hear you, but I pray that nothing of an evil nature comes to pass. I think it's good thing that folks will be carrying at the convention.
    Yes, but more and more those groups have been targeting and slandering the NRA as though they motivate us to want to buy guns.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Little far fetched but what would keep a whack job from joining the NRA, going to the convention and then discharging a weapon? Headline would read NRA member discharges weapon during convention. Anti's would have a field day. Guns are bad, think of the children, gun owners are irresponsible, common sense................... It would not be difficult for somebody politically motivated to do something stupid.

The more I think about it the NRA should just pass out guns as everyone walks in the door.

Top Bottom