• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    I'm sure you have all talked about this many times but I'm new to the site so i have decided to ask it anyway.

What are the laws pertaining to my "License to carry handgun"

I have heard it said that it is a "permit to carry conceled" only

The liecense does not say anything about only being able to carry in this way.

The reason I ask is this , I'm a very large framed guy and carring my guns concealed is very uncomfotable and I perfer to carry it on my hip for this reason.

thanks in adavance for your response.

Lonnie

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I personally conciel my weapon. The pink card flat out says "licence to carry handgun" weither it be open or out of sight. Like a few have already said, it just depends where you can...

dye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    NE Indiana
    In Indiana you can OC or CC. I prefer CC. It gives the advantage of surprise, and people don't look at you funny when you go into the bank or the liquor store.

chriscrystle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Central IA
    You guys are lucky. In IA our license reads the same as yours but everyone i have talked to, including the class instructors say that if OC your permit will be revoked.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    You guys are lucky. In IA our license reads the same as yours but everyone i have talked to, including the class instructors say that if OC your permit will be revoked.
    Per State law confiscated? Or "expect it if you OC because our officers don't know or don't care about state law, even if OC'ing is legal"?

chriscrystle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Central IA
    It depends on the situation. I was told that if there was a complaint by a person or LEO that you were OC the Sheriff would revoke your permit. There is a big debate going on here with the laws. Every county is different on issuing permits. Basically it is up to the Sheriff to decide if you get a permit or not. Some counties the Sheriffs will not issue any, others believe in shall issue.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Okay, the "issuance" debate is separate from "being arrested for OC". What does State law say (or not - Indiana is silent so it is not illegal) about OC?

I feel for you if your State/County is "may issue" instead of "shall issue". Sounds like you have some work ahead of you and residents like you that want to carry. Good luck, Chris!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom