• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Colleges/Universities are made up of liberal 'professors' who fight to prevent legal gun-carry on campus!

I have no problem with a responsible individual CCing on a college campus.

I have a daughter who will someday walk the sidewalks of a college campus...just look at all the issues women face regarding their safety!

At IPFW (here in Fort Wayne) they have the little blue-lighted safety phones every 100' or so...which tells me that they already know and understand that safety is an issue!

If they have to take and pass a safety course (ie, demonstrate ability)...she's intelligent and, at age 11, she would already be able to pass a shooting demonstration!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    It is just school policies limiting guns. IUPUI put the entire campus on lock down once because there was "a man walking around with a long gun". It turned out a student just saw a rifle or shotgun in a guys trunk when he was getting his other belongings out of his car trunk.

Exaggerations cause many problems...way too many people heighten the issues by exaggerating their concerns/fears!

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    I'd advise against off body carry. It's too easy to be separated from your backpack.

If someone happens to steal it they went full retard and committed a felony without even knowing it. I'd call that a win win. But I understand your point, just view it differently. Not as if a 5 year old is going to take it.

hdrenollet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    South Indy/Greenwood
    I'd advise against off body carry. It's too easy to be separated from your backpack. If printing is a concern I'd just deep conceal with a SmartCarry holster or ankle gun. As it is, I carry AIWB and don't have printing issues.

Agreed! You should maintain explicit control of your weapon at all times. A backpack, purse, briefcase doesn't provide this level of control and I would not recommend carrying like this (although I have done it in my younger days) .

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Exaggerations cause many problems...way too many people heighten the issues by exaggerating their concerns/fears!

Like putting in expensive safety phones with blue lights. ;)

I'm on IPFW campus a lot, and I always carry concealed there. I occasionally interact with their police staff and haven't had a problem.

WarJunky91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2016
    Decatur
    Like putting in expensive safety phones with blue lights. ;)

I'm on IPFW campus a lot, and I always carry concealed there. I occasionally interact with their police staff and haven't had a problem.
    I had a conversation with one of their police staff about concealed carry when i was doing registration one year and he didn't outright say it, but I could tell he was not happy about having to tell students to leave their guns in their cars.

Top Bottom