• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Birdman002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    South Bend
    My mom is looking to purchase a gun to carry. I dont have the knowledge to really give her any ideas so i turn to all my pals and gals of INGO.

Shes pretty thin, and hasnt really been behind many handguns (22 revolver, i belive a 45)

I kinda want her to go with a 9mm, she wants a 45 but since she cant even pull the slide back on my 1911 its kinda out of the question.

Her budge under 300.

Any ideas will be welcome

We live in Northern Indiana Laporte Area so if anyone actually has something they are wanting to sell hit me up.

I want to post a WTB in the classified but shes looking right now and i belive wanting to buy but her finances well suck haha, and as a new member i probably would get yelled at haha

Anyways thanks everyone for the ideas

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Glock 30 or 36 for like 400. Slide's easy to pull back on that too and tell her to rack the slide over hand and have her pull the slide while pushing the gun forward at the same time to make it easier.

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    Have you considered a revolver? That would eliminate the slide problem altogether...

Here is a link to a Rossi 38sp for 305.00. You could probably put her in a Rossi 357 mag used at that price point if you do some digging. Of course, that would recoil a good bit more than a 38sp.

ROSSI R351 .38 SPECIAL 2" FS 5-SHOT BLUED Rossi Revolvers for sale, gun classifieds or gun auction from The Buckeye Armory. Buy or bid on this ROSSI R351 .38 SPECIAL 2" FS 5-SHOT BLUED in the category Rossi Revolvers on GunsAmerica.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If you have over 50, you can post in the classified. Looks like its ok.
    Best thing to do, is have her try different guns.
    If they have Meet & Shoots in your area, that would be best. EVERYONE likes to show their gun off.

adsVA83

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I got my girlfriend a 38sp revolver to carry and she loves it. She also has the problem of not being able to rack the slide on most semi-autos. She pinched her hand in one once, so I think it's more being afraid of it than not able to do it.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Tip up barrel, like a Beretta .32 Tomcat. Small, easy to fire, super easy to load. Some say the .32 is weak round, wouldn't want to receive one myself. Europe is still on a .32 cal carry, although 9mm is also popular. Take her to a rental range and let her try out a couple of different styles. .
    38 snubby is a great choice, Rossi's aren't too expensive and made of steel.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I would avoid any small revolvers. I have seen many new shooters with them and they are not a beginners firearm.

Find a gun she likes and go rent one at a range or find someone who has that same gun and see if they will let her try it out.

Top Bottom