• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    It was a real eye opener (no pun intended) for me to make a conscious decision to go out shopping one day and deliberately try to make eye contact with people. They really aren't looking, and even more so, are trying NOT to. They seem to be focused on what they're looking to buy, where their kids are, and not bumping into you relying on peripheral vision. If you catch someone actually looking at you, they generally look away as soon as you notice them. Sometimes you get the "hey" nod, and the rare instance will be a polite "how's it going?".

It's the same thing as looking at yourself in the mirror and seeing a bit of a print that to you screams "GUN"!!! but you know exactly where it is.
    I'm always looking for guns, I don't see many try to conceal at all around here, but I'm always little disappointed when I see somebody wearing a gun related shirt or hat and isn't carrying.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    It was a real eye opener (no pun intended) for me to make a conscious decision to go out shopping one day and deliberately try to make eye contact with people. They really aren't looking, and even more so, are trying NOT to. They seem to be focused on what they're looking to buy, where their kids are, and not bumping into you relying on peripheral vision. If you catch someone actually looking at you, they generally look away as soon as you notice them. Sometimes you get the "hey" nod, and the rare instance will be a polite "how's it going?".

It's the same thing as looking at yourself in the mirror and seeing a bit of a print that to you screams "GUN"!!! but you know exactly where it is.

I think most of my problem revolves around this. I know where it is and when I can see it I think others will too. It was like a couple of times this week when I carried and thought people would notice but if anyone did, nothing was said. I am just going to stop worrying about it.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    I'm always looking for guns, I don't see many try to conceal at all around here, but I'm always little disappointed when I see somebody wearing a gun related shirt or hat and isn't carrying.

I was disappointed the other day. I saw a guy wearing a cowboy hat, western shirt, requisite oversize belt buckle, boot cut jeans, and cowboy boots. On his hip he had a Glock...........

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I was disappointed the other day. I saw a guy wearing a cowboy hat, western shirt, requisite oversize belt buckle, boot cut jeans, and cowboy boots. On his hip he had a Glock...........

Something in a single action only revolver would've been more appropriate. Then again, maybe the cowboy drove up in a Honda Civic.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I can see where that would be a big plus in some situations you'd be involved in. We lost my dad to a heart attack in 2012, given the emotion of the moment I don't think a rude medic would have gone over very well.

I carry that over into my out of work demeanor as well. I believe in treating people the way you want to be treated. I give people respect and the minute the treat me without respect is the minute I lose my respect for them, but kill them with kindness regardless.

dman424

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Businesses should want their patrons to conceal carry. It prevents criminals from praying on the business.

Top Bottom