• Carry at work

• Total voters

glank09

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    This poll is for those who work someplace that has a no carry policy for employees. I understand that most people will not want to discuss this which was the reason for the poll. My employer has a no firearm policy, however for the time being does not matter for me because I have to drop my daughter off at a daycare that is part of a private school.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I work remotely / work from home. My boss doesn't need to know that I may or may not have a pistol laying on my desk while I work and/or that I may or may not crack open a beer some days on my last hour of work or that I may or may not have put a proper pair of pants on.

So, yes.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Being self-employed & only moderately schizo... I made a rule against carrying, but tend to argue with management once and a while and carry in spite of what "The Man" says.

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    I work in a nursing home, i carry to and from but never in. They have a firearm / knife / general weapon policy. and in their employee handbook it states we cannot even keep such items in our vehicle. HA

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I work in Chicago so I don't want the hassle of it, I drive a company vehicle ,no weapons in / on company property.... If I go somewhere else to work as in another state and stay in a motel....umm no comment

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I don't carry at work, we have a no firearms policy, of course some of the neighborhoods I have to be make me wish I glossed over that rule in the handbook. My problem with carrying at work is I end up going to the airport, schools, or other federal institutions that don't like firearms being carried in.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I become eligible for retirement in 24 days. My company has a strict policy and many folks there have a knee-jerk-over-reaction-tendancy*--I don't carry at work.

*A few weeks ago, some guy brought in a barrel of a pistol he was doing something to (I don't know what) and he made the mistake of leaving it out where somebody could see it or showed it to the wrong person--panic ensued; the guy was terminated for violation of shop rules and who know if the union will be able to get him his job back.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    An INGO poll with no bacon option is a poll lacking in quality! That being said, I would say it depends on the work location. Some spots you can get away with it, others...not so much.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    I'm my own boss during the Spring/Summer month (own busy lawn care business) so If I'm not CC I ALWAYS have my weapon in the truck. During the Fall/Winter months I do PI/armed security work so I'm always packing then too.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I went into a "NO FIREARMS" shop and now the owner is carrying as well as a couple of the employees. Approach the subject right, don't upset anyone, and use real logic to calmly get the point across and it works wonders. A little diplomacy please.
    The downside is none of these people know squat about firearms. It's like babysitting sometimes but they are listening and learning. The 4 rules of safety were completely unknown.
    Hey, it's a start.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    I'm a Happily Retired Person and don't work. So I cannot vote in the poll. But the jobs I had in the past would have been a no-carry environment.

Top Bottom