• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbz400

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    United States
    Like the title said. I read as much as I can stand and can't come up with a strait answer. I thought I read if they have their own security that you can't. Also it says on their web site that weapons are not allowed. So if you have a permit can you legally conceal carry at the game. Thanks.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    They don't conduct pat downs or use a wand when entering. Keep it covered up and carry away. I've carried there many times.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    They don't conduct pat downs or use a wand when entering. Keep it covered up and carry away. I've carried there many times.
    This has been my experience as well while CC on my side and ankle carry. Never been wanded, frisked, asked to raise pant legs or shirt.
    Sorta self explanatory to me.
    Not sure what you mean. Please elaborate.

jbz400

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    United States
    Thanks everybody. I guess what I really want to know is if for some reason I do get caught. Am I just going to be asked to leave or am I going to jail.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Thanks everybody. I guess what I really want to know is if for some reason I do get caught. Am I just going to be asked to leave or am I going to jail.

It's not against the law to carry at victory field. If you get "caught" you will probably be asked to leave. If you refuse you will be arrested for trespassing. There are no LAWS that prohibit carrying at victory field.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    If you can not understand their rule stated on their website, there's little I can add or say that will help you understand, whether I elaborate or not.

An Indians rule and a law are two different things. He asked if it was illegal, not against the rules. Yes, he can legally carry in Victory Field... until asked to leave.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    If you can not understand their rule stated on their website, there's little I can add or say that will help you understand, whether I elaborate or not.
    You are absolutely correct. I will not understand what you mean. The OP wanted to know if he could legally carry at an Indians game and he is able to if he has his LTCH. You stating that they have a rule on their website has nothing to do with the law. They cross paths if he is caught and asked to leave, but that is it.

The malls and many retailers have signs for no guns, does that make it illegal to carry in there? Not in Indiana. Big difference in law vs. rule.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    You are absolutely correct. I will not understand what you mean. The OP wanted to know if he could legally carry at an Indians game and he is able to if he has his LTCH. You stating that they have a rule on their website has nothing to do with the law. They cross paths if he is caught and asked to leave, but that is it.

The malls and many retailers have signs for no guns, does that make it illegal to carry in there? Not in Indiana. Big difference in law vs. rule.

Well I guess we settled that.

Sorta like not following the 4 rules of safety, or maybe not following the rules at your range you're a member of and be asked for you membership card. LOL

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Well I guess we settled that.

Sorta like not following the 4 rules of safety, or maybe not following the rules at your range you're a member of and be asked for you membership card. LOL
    Not sure what this has to do with the legality of carrying at Victory Field, or any relevance to that topic. And I'm not sure why you felt the need to bring up the 4 rules of gun safety. If he is carrying at the game he can still follow the 4 rules of safety as we all should be doing on a daily basis.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Stated on their sight not allowed how hard is that for anyone to understand?

Again, OP asked about legality of carrying at Victory Field not the preference of the facility. The team website doesn't answer his question. Several astute INGOers did. How hard is that to understand?

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Not really hard to understand, but the point is if a few are caught breaking the "rules" the rules become more oppressive and will more than likely lead to detectors and more security which will become more and more oppressive, to the detriment of everyone attending.

But do as you wish, make up your own rules and suffer the consequences.

Remember what it used to be like to attend a NASCAR Race, no more.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom