• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So I just got an email from Carnival about my upcoming cruise tomorrow. News to me. No fake IPs that I could find. Just the email telling me to arrive early due to Mardis Gras. Anyone get anything like this before?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    two things:

Either there is a link they want you to click that will do bad things.
    -OR-
    Its a test email to see if the mailbox exists. I see TONS of those. Usually gibberish. (If the message bounces back its a dead box and gets culled from the list of future spam.)

Or third somebody gave them your email much like a chick gives some barfly a fake number instead of saying "I dont wanna give it to you". :dunno:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    There are no links in the email other than to the legitimate privacy policy at carnival. The return email address is one I've gotten emails from carnival from before.

If someone used my email as a throwaway, why did I not receive the booking confirmation email? Odd...

it's very specific. Not just an ad, but saying I am departing tomorrow.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Is it possible I have some sort of alter ego taking trips for me? Hrm... Makes me worry about fraud a bit.

That's what I'd be afraid of... Someone enjoying a Carnival Cruise vaca as you, on your dime, while you stay home and earn the money they're spending. Monitor your accounts closely and maybe even call Carnival and let them know.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    two things:

Either there is a link they want you to click that will do bad things.
    -OR-
    Its a test email to see if the mailbox exists. I see TONS of those. Usually gibberish. (If the message bounces back its a dead box and gets culled from the list of future spam.)

Or third somebody gave them your email much like a chick gives some barfly a fake number instead of saying "I dont wanna give it to you". :dunno:

No way man, it's something magical and beautiful. I bet it's destiny calling and it's calling to say it bought you a cruise. High seas adventure awaits!

either that or spam but my money is on destiny.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    HRm
    View this email online

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
    CARNIVAL SUNSHINE
    FEBRUARY 23, 2014
    February 22, 2014

Hi there!

We know you must be really excited about your upcoming cruise aboard the beautiful Carnival Sunshine tomorrow. So, we'd like to take a moment of your time to provide you with some important information.

As you may know, the City of New Orleans will be celebrating Mardi Gras soon and some preliminary festivities have been planned in advance of the big day. Tomorrow, local parades will be held in the city and, as a result, heavier than normal traffic is expected in the area and this may affect your commute to the cruise terminal.

Therefore, we ask that you plan accordingly and allow ample time to arrive at the port. Check-in for your cruise is scheduled from 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm, and we will set sail promptly at 4:00 pm.

We can't wait to welcome you aboard for a fun and memorable cruise vacation.

See you soon!

Sincerely,

Vicky Rey, CTC
    Vice President - Guest Services

Please do not reply to this email as the mailbox is not monitored.

Guarantee our messages always go straight to your inbox.
    Add funships@carnivalfunmail.com to your Address Book or Safe List.
    This email was sent to: ------@gmail.com
    View Privacy Policy. © 2014 Carnival Cruise Lines

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Then again, their sysadmins could be drinking on the job again, sending out alerts to everyone and not just those boarding tomorrow. Given you have done business with them in the past, Thats my bet.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Just talked to someone else who received the email too. They also cruised with carnival before. I feel better. Debit transactions ok, but it hurt to see a few large transactions I had put out of my mind when I skimmed through :)

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Haha, OOPS

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]RETRACTION

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]February 22, 2014[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Me again![/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I'm sorry to say that we experienced an error with one of our emails intended for guests sailing on the Carnival Sunshine, February 23, 2014. We are researching the cause of this error. Rest assured, if you are receiving this 'retraction' email, you are not booked on the Carnival Sunshine sailing tomorrow. Please note your personal information has not been compromised in any way.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Please disregard our previous email. We sincerely apologize for this error and any inconvenience this may have caused.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Sincerely,[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
    vicky_rey_signature.jpg
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Vicky Rey, CTC
    Vice President - Guest Services

Please do not reply to this email as the mailbox is not monitored.[/FONT]

Top Bottom