• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jboritzki

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I finally got myself a gun I can carry at work. I haven't even fired it yet, but I have owned one of these .22 magnum derringers before. I owned it for about an hour and took the wooden grips off and started making a set of carbon fiber grips for it. Just got them finished. These are not clear coated. I'll do a set and clear coat them later. I am going to try to put a pic of it up, but I've never one pictures on here before so it might not work.

INGunOwners - jboritzki's Album: pics? - Picture

Last edited:

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    picture.php

Better then no gun at all, I guess.

jboritzki

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I always have been a fan of these little guns. I know there are better pocket pistols, but I always wanted another one of these, it was only $99 used at Bradis, cash flow is slow these days, and like you said, it's better than no gun at all, which is how I worked until now. Thanks for helping out with the picture!

jboritzki

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    Beech Grove
    It weighs 9.5 ounces. It's heavy for a tiny gun but it's all thick steel. A neat thing about this gun is that for $27.20, you can order the .22lr, .22 magnum, .25acp, or .32 auto barrels for this gun. The centerfire barrels will also require the center fire firing pins and pin plate, about $5 each part.

jboritzki

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I love the carbon fiber grips!

Given how strong good carbon fiber is, I wonder if the whole frame couldn't be made out of it? That would dramatically reduce the weight of an already ultalight gun.

The only problem with that would be that it's the frame that is serial numbered so I'm not allowed to make a frame.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    not exactly........ you could make a frame for yourself. You just cant make them with the intentions of selling them.

Last edited:

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Do everyone a favor and make sure you carry it in a holster. Don't be "that guy", you know, "that guy who had a derringer fall out of his pocket and go off striking a standerby."

I've heard of way too many instances of derringers being negligently handled and injuring someone.

jboritzki

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I just finished a new set of grips made from a carbon/kevlar hybrid material. These would probably look better on a black derringer. Just wanted to show you guys.

picture.php

jboritzki

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    Beech Grove
    What was the process of making those. They look great!

There are several processes that I use to make composite parts. Vacuum infusion, vacuum bagging, wet layup, pressure molding, an using an autoclave. These were pressure molded and baked and made from prepreg carbon fiber.

Top Bottom