• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mickard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Do you carry a different weapon in your car if you have a CCW permit? Maybe a better way of saying it, where do you place your weapon while in car?

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Do you carry a different weapon in your car if you have a CCW permit? Maybe a better way of saying it, where do you place your weapon while in car?

Ok, I know but I'll say it this time. Indiana has an LTCH not a CCW. Now that thats out of the way. The only weapon I carry is the one I'm carrying that day unless I'm going to the range or to the woods. And those are either in my backseat or my pistol which is on my hip 99.9% of the time.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I usually carry my same daily carry weapon. I normally keep carrying it (my CCW holster and locaton work fine while seated), but when I do take it off, I usually keep it in the holster, and wedge it between the front seat and center seat in my truck. Hard to explain, but my truck has two buckets and a center console/3rd seat.

The advantage to this is both comfort and also accessibility.

I think there was a thread a while back that someone showed a similar method.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I have to go into establishments that require me to go through a metal detector. Example my bank, yes my neighborhood bank. So I bought one of those gun safes secured by a cable to the seat frame. Its not my choice to leave my gun in the car ever. But like I said there are those occasions. Although I can secure it without anyone seeing what I'm doing unless they are standing right next to the car looking in I always make sure no one see's me disarm myself.

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    I can't carry at work (airport) so when I'm going to work I leave my XD at home and throw my Kel Tec 380 in the console. Any other time my XD is on my hip.

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    I prefer the knowledge that my gun is on me and not sitting in my vulnerable car when I'm away.

Same here, I have this random scenerio in my head that if I was to leave a gun in my car, and came back to it while someone was either currently breaking into, or just finished breaking into my car, that now I have just inadvertently armed him...something about that just bothers me (and I have had cars broken into on 4 occasions)

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Sometimes my 12 ga likes to go on road trips with me and other times my sub 2K likes to ride along. I usually won't take them along if I will be away from the vehicle to go into establishments...they are mainly with me on long road trips.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I got me one of those cheap nylon elastic ankle holsters that I stretched over my sun visor. When I am in the car that is where my LCP is located for quick access if needed. When I go into a no-gun establishment, my handguns are stored in an underseat, secured gun safe.

Top Bottom