• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I have been looking around, trying to find a deal on a slim safe to tether in my car. I'm traveling for work and stopped by a local bargain store. Just a huge place with all kinds of things that have been liquidated from retailers. I somehow managed to snag this guy for $13.

TSA approved, so I have the option if I want to throw my firearm in my checked luggage. However, about the time I do, they'll lose my luggage.

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I have one of those and they work great. Just wrap the cable good around the seat frame or wherever to keep it from sliding around everytime you stop or start up.

I figured so. Do you just loop it like so?

bracket-loop2.jpg

EDIT: Dumb question... sorry... Should have done my homework.

opplanet-stack-on-pc95k-portable-case-gun-safe-black-acdbdd.jpg

Last edited:

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I have the same one, but from "Center of Mass" company rather than Stack On. I think they are the same product. Price looks to be the same, but if you have Amazon Prime, shipping's free.

I like mine, and use it every day.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    You inspired me to buy one for my wife's car. Not exactly the same one, I bought the GunVault version, same price on Amazon, but better ratings and I already have two other GunVaults. Now, if I had found it for 13 dollars, there would have been no question.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    OK what store in what part of town? Thanks, I have CENTER OF MASS clamshells, and a Sentry Safe, but want some for family members.

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I have one of these too, but for that price I wouldn't mind having one or two more. Do they have any left?

What store? I got a similar one at Tuesday Morning s a few years ago.

OK what store in what part of town? Thanks, I have CENTER OF MASS clamshells, and a Sentry Safe, but want some for family members.

I picked it up in Jackson, TN at a place called Essex. Awesome place to find a deal on just about anything. Unfortunately, they only had one. If they had more, I would have bought them as well.

You inspired me to buy one for my wife's car. Not exactly the same one, I bought the GunVault version, same price on Amazon, but better ratings and I already have two other GunVaults. Now, if I had found it for 13 dollars, there would have been no question.

That was my thought... for $13, couldn't go wrong.

Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    Walmart has a nearly identical product by Sentry Safe in their fire safe/box section. I got mine for 15 bucks a couple years ago. Though I think its funny it says "not for guns" yet gun safe companies sell the same thing specifically for that!

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    what stops a bolt cutter/ wire cutter from cutting the wire????

I don't see a regular pair of wire cutters getting through this cable. Bolt cutters? Probably. I'm banking on the fact that I doubt many "smash and grab" car thieves are packing a 10 lb pair of bolt cutters with them. :yesway:

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    You know what... If I can pick up a couple of these, I may bolt one to the floor of my truck, under the rear seat. I wouldn't be able to bring myself to do the same in the Shelby. :)

Top Bottom