• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankTank83

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've been researching various options for carrying a pistol in my car. I've seen a lot of variations of holsters mounted directly to the car, but I don't like the idea of having it visible from the outside of the car (empty or otherwise). In addition to potentially tipping thieves off, I am concerned that it may attract unwanted attention if I was pulled over in a non-2A-friendly area. The center console is not an option because of space. I think my best option is under the seat. Does anyone have suggestions for securing a handgun under the seat but maintaining accessibility?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Seriously, again?!? Was there a movie or something recently that gave people the impression that they need to fidget with thief guns when getting in and out of the car?

Find a quality belt and holster combo that fits correctly. When you leave the get dressed in the morning, strap it on and leave it alone.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...7741-holstering-your-ccw-getting-out-car.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...able-way-keep-my-firearm-handy-while-car.html
    Agreed. Wear it properly. Leave it alone.

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    Paddle holster works for me, when i get in the car, i slide the holster and firearm off, and when im getting out of the car, slide it back on. Stays holstered, and stays with me without having to undo the belt.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Seriously, again?!? Was there a movie or something recently that gave people the impression that they need to fidget with thief guns when getting in and out of the car?

Find a quality belt and holster combo that fits correctly. When you leave the get dressed in the morning, strap it on and leave it alone.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...7741-holstering-your-ccw-getting-out-car.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...able-way-keep-my-firearm-handy-while-car.html

Agreed. Wear it properly. Leave it alone.

Do you guys drive cars, trucks?
    What kind of holster set up do you use and what position?

i currently use outer waist at 3-4 under a jacket and back up on ankle. If i needed it quickly while driving in my car, i would be SOL. In my truck i can get to it kind of quickly, but not impressive. If i am going somewhere that is sketchy, inner city areas, i will carry 3. My normal 2: one on ankle and the other on hip, along with one in a shoulder set up for easy access when driving.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I put velcro on the console between the seats of my car then i sewed the other side onto a number of Nylon holsters. This lets me draw them easily while driving.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Leave your gun alone. Once you strap your holstered gun to your person, LEAVE it alone. Even when you get in your car, leave it alone.

Find a better way to carry your gun, on your person, so that you can draw it when your sitting/driving. It's not that hard.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Do you guys drive cars, trucks?
    What kind of holster set up do you use and what position?

i currently use outer waist at 3-4 under a jacket and back up on ankle. If i needed it quickly while driving in my car, i would be SOL. In my truck i can get to it kind of quickly, but not impressive. If i am going somewhere that is sketchy, inner city areas, i will carry 3. My normal 2: one on ankle and the other on hip, along with one in a shoulder set up for easy access when driving.

I use a Hidden Hybrid Holster & drive a car. I use it IWB but it can be worn
    OWB also.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    To all you guys saying "leave it alone..." IF I was right-handed I might agree. But I'm a lefty. I can't draw from my left side without removing my seat belt, opening the door and getting out because the door is too close to me. That's just how it is. I've tried, and it's a no-go if I want to actually GET TO IT while I'm in my truck.

So it goes in a holster between the seat and the center console right next to my right leg.

I understand if that's not a good solution for some of you. But that's what I gotta do if I want to be able to get at it while in the driver's seat.

FrankTank83

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Thanks for the feedback. I understand some people only want to carry one way, but that's not always the situation for me. I'm not looking to constantly be transferring from one holster to another but if I'm driving for more than an hour a holster and gun starts to get pretty uncomfortable (4 o' clock position). A custom solution may be in order, I'm going to ponder on this one a while and see what I can come up with.

A1Paracord

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    I carry appendix which works out really well for driving whether you are right or left handed. Just make sure that you put your seat belt below your gun right along your belt line so that it doesn't get in the way of your draw. The only problem I can see is a gun with a longer barrel might get uncomfortable if you drive a lot but otherwise it has worked really well so far.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    The shoulder holster is made for transport, seated, poker playing, old school carry.

i will take any flack from this but the Miami classic or jackass rig was made for these situations.

Top Bottom