• ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    CAP & TRADE (HR 2454) Passes House-Senate Next;

Posted by American Patriot on June 27, 2009 at 5:55am in The 9.12 Project Network

Last night, H.R. 2454, AKA Cap & Tax, AKA Cap'n'Trade, AKA The Oppressive Taxation & Energy Insecurity Act of 2009 passed the house, with 211 Congressmen opposing this destructive legislation. Some of them are patriots, and understand how destructive this legislation is, some were allowed to vote against it despite supporting it, for political reasons, of course, including my congressman, Jim Matheson (D-UT).

From what I've been able to learn, and based upon my two phone calls to his office about this legislation, Jim Matheson didn't commit to opposing the bill until less than 24 hours prior, after getting permission from Democrat leadership to vote against the bill, and he's up for re-election next year. Since his opposition was last minute, and he isn't opposed to the global warming hoax/cap'n'trade, I don't have any reason to believe that he voted the right way for the right reasons.

Nevertheless, 212 Congressmen (168 Republicans and 44 Democrats) did vote against this horrible, enslaving legislation, so we should give credit to them.

However, 211 Democrats and 8 Republicans voted FOR this unconstitutional, enslaving, tyrannical legislation, so we have 219 hard targets to focus on in 2010, in addition to those previously identified for other reasons (TARP, so-called "Stimulus," Bailouts, 2010 Budget, etc.). Here is the roll call (vote).

Below you'll find the two best links I've yet seen to help anybody who isn't an expert on this legislation learn what we're facing; we really need to stop the equivalent legislation in the Senate. Regardless of how secure some may say its defeat my be in the senate, this is too important to lose focus and attention. We must defeat this push!

HERITAGE FOUNDATION ARTICLE on H.R. 2454 (Waxman-Markley Cap'n'Tax)

WALL STREET JOURNAL ARTICLE EXPLAINING DETAILS of H.R. 2454

Please feel free to rant, but please don't post anything about revolution or violence.

As for our network, it's now time to begin organizing in every single voting precinct in those states which have a caucus system, as well as those who only use primaries. The following states have caucuses, as far as I know (please correct me if I'm wrong), which make it far easier for us to influence the elections for the better:

Kansas, Iowa, Nevada, Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota , Nebraska, Washington, Maine, Hawaii, Wyoming, Maine, Idaho, Louisiana.

The rest use primaries only, AFAIK. If anybody has a link to a good resource for this, please link it in the comments.

As for our network, we have had an increase in growth lately, and we've resumed a faster growth profile in June than we had in May. We currently have well over 17,800 members nationwide, including over 1,800 in TX, 1,200 in FL, 1,100 in PA, 1000 in California, and over 850 in Utah, etc. Please help us recruit even more so we can be more effective and united!

If you haven't already uploaded every patriot in your address/contacts list, please use our INVITE TOOL to invite every patriot, every conservative, every fan of Rush Limbaugh, Sarah Palin, Mark Levin, Mitt Romney, Ann Coulter, Jim DeMint, Michelle Malkin, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, our Founding Fathers, the Constitution of the United States of America and the Bill of Rights, etc. We want them all to join us! :)

My words from a previous network update (over a month ago, when I decided to begin planning to create a PAC (a 527) so we can support Nine Twelvers as candidates; I'll be disclosing more information about our PAC after Independence Day) are appropriate now, so let me quote myself:

...you may have decided that...you are fed up with what is happening, and at the same time, you aren’t just frustrated and upset, but you genuinely fear for our future, and that of our children and grandchildren, and that you aren’t going to just take it anymore...that you aren’t going to just wait for the next election to vote for the lesser of two evils...that you aren’t going to accept tyranny and oppression...that the government has simply gone too far…that you aren’t just going to wait for them to take away your right to keep and bear arms ...that you don’t want a government-controlled, government-operated “socialized” health care system. ...that you want the Principles of Freedom that our Founding Fathers agreed upon, as enshrined in both in the Declaration of Independence, as well as in the Constitution of the United States of America, to be taught to every child, to enlighten every mind, to blanket our nation, from sea to shining sea.

The desire to make a difference is simply not enough; we must [unite, and we must] act. As concerned patriot citizens, we must unite and organize, educate, and take action to defend the principles of freedom, to defend our liberties which we all wish to preserve. We are growing, but we need many more to join us. We are learning, but we need EDUCATION still.

While we need these things, we also need to take action, we need to rally, we need to organize, and we need to support the principled leaders, however few they may be, in their efforts to restore our lost liberty. And for those who aren’t principled, and who will not agree to give us back our freedoms, we need to organize such that their untold $Millions won’t keep us from returning the power of government to We The People!

In all of my research and studying, I've come to the conclusion that:

1) Yet Another Third Party is not going to help (Ross Perot); in fact, it will just hand the Democrats yet another victory at a critical time. The time isn't yet right for YATP; but it may be right for more people to wake up and sever ties to both parties, and as many realized yesterday, especially the Democrat Party.

2) GOOOH and other quasi-third party efforts are a waste of time. They have yet to show a single success, and they're just leading us to YATP. That will only divide us so that the Democrats will solidify their control further. No "third" party has been successful in the past century. Don't waste your time building yet another party up, when the founding fathers warned us against them.

3) Writing and calling simply isn't enough. Not even close. We must organize, on a local level. We need to organize on a voting precinct level, which is larger than a neighborhood, but not much larger. And any dedicated patriot can canvass their entire precinct in a month or two (one or two days a week), with a little help.

4) Education is critical. I cannot believe how much I've learned in the past two years; I hope everybody has already read The 5000 Year Leap, but if not, please get a copy and read it ASAP! If you've read it already, but you haven't read Glenn Beck's Common Sense: The Case Against An Out-of Control Government, please pick up a copy and read it ASAP! If you've read both of those, please pick up The Real George Washington (and Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin), Liberal Fascism, The Forgotten Man, and Liberty and Tyranny. Check out our BOOKS section for additional recommendations.

5) Events do more good than most people realize, but we must not fail to gather information from those who attend! Whether it's a 9.12 Project event, a Tea Party, or some other event that is a patriot-rich environment, we need to get into the habit of bringing a clipboard with a signup sheet and then enter their email addresses into the INVITE TOOL so they can join us, as long as they agree with AT LEAST 7 of 9 principles and you think they're sincere and truly love America, that they're really patriots, we want them to join us!

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Clean Energy and Security Act

Posted by admin in Uncategorized
    Date: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 11:41 AM

Dear Friend:

Knowing of your interest in the energy proposals before Congress, I wanted to take this opportunity to bring you up-to-date.

As you know, over the past several months the House of Representatives has been crafting the American Clean Energy and Security Act (H.R. 2454). H.R. 2454 is currently scheduled to be brought before the House for a vote later this week. If enacted the bill would establish a cap-and-trade program that would strive to curb emissions to 20 percent below 2005 levels by 2020. It is never a good time to raise taxes and energy prices on consumers in Northeastern Indiana. In our current economic downturn, it is downright reckless and a prescription for higher unemployment.

One of the most disturbing aspects of this legislation is that its impact falls disproportionately on the Midwest and the middle class. I have attached a map to this email that analyzes the impact of the bill state-by-state. This legislation is a direct assault on hardworking Hoosiers and their families. With many Americans struggling with the economic downturn, the last thing Congress should be doing is deliberately raising energy costs. Taxing consumers is not an energy policy.

Click to enlarge
    At the same time, I will continue to support policies that responsibly develop American resources and free us from a reliance on foreign oil. We must support solutions that will keep American businesses competitive in the global economy.

I appreciate the opportunity to keep you informed as Congress prepares to consider this. I also encourage you to visit my website, at www.Souder.House.gov for more information on my work for you in our nations Capital.

Sincerely,

Mark Souder
    Member of Congress

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Those costs aren't even taking into account the blowback we are gonna feel when we try to force other nations to conform to the standards for their imports. Think they won't slap massive import tariffs on our goods? Think again.

POTI

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Well Carson and Hill from IN voted YES. Lets make sure he get the message come election day. Because he sure wasn't listening to his district.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

Click to enlarge

If you guys click on this, you will see that Indiana stands to lose the most money, second only to Texas. We are toast. The steel mills will close, our entire local economy will be in ruin. There are so many businesses that depend on the mills.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    So what, didn't you guys hear? MICHAEL JACKSON DIED!!:rolleyes::xmad: That is what our country has ALREADY come to, a bill such as this just kinda sneaks through without any attention because some kid diddlin' white woman wannabe has died and taken over ALL the airwaves.

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    funny how those "green" states come out ahead in this so called "environmentally friendly" bill. if this doesnt reek of [b.s.] then you dont have a sense of smell.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I e-mailed and called Bayh and Lugar's offices today and warned them not to vote for it. I'll do it again when the bill gets closer to a vote. I'd suggest everyone here do the same, pronto! Let them know we are paying attention. My wife is going to e-mail them tomorrow.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Someone should post Bayh and Lugar's emails. Phone & Addresses too. Hell, post all 100 senators. I'll write them all.

Top Bottom