• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    What impacts might it have on Indiana and Hoosier sportsmen.

Somebody give me some real facts on this legislation and the pro's and con's on this bill and why I should support it or why I should not.

The bill has already passed the House of Representatives and is now up for Senate consideration.
    :patriot:

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Having just looked at our forecast up here and it showing lows in the 40's this weekend, I would like say, "MY GARDEN NEEDS SOME GLOBAL WARMING!"
    Thank you.

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    you guys will love this then:

Don't Exhale: EPA Expected to Declare Carbon Dioxide a Dangerous Pollutant - Political News - FOXNews.com

"Most Americans would strongly support the president's and the bipartisan commitment to comprehensive legislation that addresses our dangerous addiction to foreign oil and create new jobs and addresses the climate crisis," said Vickie Patton, an attorney with the Environmental Defense Fund.

Patton added that there's a "misinformation campaign designed to divide Americans instead of bringing Americans together to afford solutions."

When i read those lines I about flipped my lid. Vickie can go suck an egg, as she is far to ignorant to even comment on the subject since they are the ones on the misinformation campaign. If she and her "peeps" remotely believed in the idea that CO2 was the culprit, they should all off themselves in a showing of support to lower CO2 emissions. Fat chance of that happening.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Indiana gets most of it's electricity from coal fired plants and local utilities sell power out of state. Hoosiers can expect to pay very large increases in electricity costs from this alone. You can also expect to pay more for everything else as electricity is carried as an overhead cost for just about every business going. Natural gas prices will rise as generation shifts over to gas turbines.

This whole scam is simply a huge tax on coal for the most part. It will make some in the public/private sector very rich by speculating in carbon credits, generating "bubbles" in the price of electricity, like California/Enron some years back. Maybe this is where the "new jobs" will come form.

My:twocents:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Please see this thread:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...50285-impact_of_cap_and_trade_on_indiana.html

You should be absolutely horrified by this bill. But only if you have electricity in your home, drive a car, have a job, or use energy of any sort. Because all of those things are going to get way more expensive in Obama taxes.

Indiana is going to be hammered by this bill. Out of the 50 states, we are #2 after Texas, for states that will be hurt the worst by this awful bill. Our steel industries and other industries will shrink or move overseas. Not kidding.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom