• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PhilDeez

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    I have looked at every store in the surrounding three counties, and also online, but nobody has that ammo in 40 caliber. I recently bought a Ruger SR40c, but now i'm wishing I would have went with the 9. My whole idea behind buying the 40 was that since it's not as popular as the 9 ammo would be easier to find. But thats not the case at all. Anybody else had trouble finding ammo in their stores?

REM299

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 4, 2010
    Picked some up from Big R in Crawfordsville on Friday. They had a few boxes of Hornday but also had a fairly large supply of other brands like Federal and Winchester Elite.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have looked at every store in the surrounding three counties, and also online, but nobody has that ammo in 40 caliber. I recently bought a Ruger SR40c, but now i'm wishing I would have went with the 9. My whole idea behind buying the 40 was that since it's not as popular as the 9 ammo would be easier to find. But thats not the case at all. Anybody else had trouble finding ammo in their stores?

Which counties would those be? Indy Trading Post has some.

PhilDeez

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    I checked big r in marion and wabash. Dunhams in Wabash, and Walmart in huntington, marion, and wabash

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    i had problems finding it in FW area. i picked up some Hornady LEO ammo called Critical Duty or something, at the recent show. looks to be the same as Critical Defense.

PhilDeez

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    Ya I've seen that critical duty also. I've also heard the zombie max is bascially the same as the critial defense, just a green tip instead of a red and a couple bucks cheaper. But I haven't found any of that either. Weird thing is most places have all sorts of nine millimeter and fourty five, but no forty.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    i had problems finding it in FW area. i picked up some Hornady LEO ammo called Critical Duty or something, at the recent show. looks to be the same as Critical Defense.

I believe the Critical Duty is just a faster round than the Critical Defense. I use Duty in my G19.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Gander in Evansville had some yesterday, picked up two boxes of .40 and two of .380. Also got a few bricks of .22. That tapped out my gift card.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Ya I've seen that critical duty also. I've also heard the zombie max is bascially the same as the critial defense, just a green tip instead of a red and a couple bucks cheaper. But I haven't found any of that either. Weird thing is most places have all sorts of nine millimeter and fourty five, but no forty.

I think you're just dealing with a local or regional thing. Bass Pro Shop in Clarksville sold out of 9mm first. Now's just a bunch of boxes of Golder Sabers in 40 (People held off on those because the price is a little higher ... I don't think they noticed those boxes are for 25 vs 20 in other brands). I finished off their other 40s (Critical Duty) this evening.

They're still 45s on the shelf though.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    My LGS was out of Critical Defense in 40S&W, so I grabbed a couple of boxes of the Zombie-Max instead. Same price as the CD, and comes in a cool box.

k.leonard

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    North Vernon
    i also carry critical duty's. ive only shot a number of them, but for the high(er) grainage theyre pretty smooth. if you can find some hornady TAP ammo, theyre great 9mm ammo.

Specialized

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 97.8%
    87   2   1
    Jan 26, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I believe the Critical Duty is just a faster round than the Critical Defense. I use Duty in my G19.
    The Critical Duty round is actually a longer bullet than the Critical Defense, at least in 9mm. My understanding from my ballistics friends is that the Duty expands more reliably than the Defense.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana

This fails at logic.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Somebody gave me a box of 20 (CD), 180 gr (.40) what do they normaly go for?
    I don't think they have Critical Defense in180 gr for .40. You mean 165, right?

Anyway... .40S&W CD lists for $26.57 per box. It usually retails for about $22 or $23.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom