• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • derekbloodworth

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Anyone know where to find a 3" x 6" bipod, my friend has one on his .308 target rifle made buy Harris. Iv tried contacting Harris 3 times by email and never get an answer and I built me a new target rifle also a .308 and need a sorter bipod the 6"x 9" is to tall in any position of shooting.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I haven't seen any bipods shorter than 6" and wasn't aware they made any. At 3 inches I would imagine you would have to be propped up on something [wall, range bag, box] to be useful unless you were always shooting downwards from a higher position.

I'm curious what situation you would want a bipod shorter than 6 inches? I extend my 6-9" all the way out to 9 when shooting from the bench so I ended up getting a Harris 9-13" as it starts where I like on the bench but allows further extension should I need it myself.

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I haven't seen any bipods shorter than 6" and wasn't aware they made any. At 3 inches I would imagine you would have to be propped up on something [wall, range bag, box] to be useful unless you were always shooting downwards from a higher position.

I'm curious what situation you would want a bipod shorter than 6 inches? I extend my 6-9" all the way out to 9 when shooting from the bench so I ended up getting a Harris 9-13" as it starts where I like on the bench but allows further extension should I need it myself.

This is kind of what I was wondering. What type of shooting do you do that 6 inches is two tall.

I have 1 pod that's extremely short (sorter than 6 inches is all I know) but its only good when shooting from concrete, or mowed grass. I use the 6-9 alot more. Obviously the lower your center of gravity is the better you will shoot, but I find below 6 inches it gets hard to acquire a line of sight, and being 6 inches off the ground can easily be compensated for with a fist under the but stock.

Top Bottom