CANIK55 SHARK-FC 9mm
    Single/Double Action
    17rd Magazine Capacity (MECGAR) - 2 mags
    4.73" Barrel Length; Ported
    8.19" Overall Length
    5.63" Overall Height
    1.38" Width
    3 Dot Sights; Fixed

Haven't had it to the range yet. The construction of it and the slide to frame fit seems very tight, no slop. I did notice that the safety is very hard to engage/disengage. Kinda funny that its called a "Shark", but it has a dolphin on the grip???

More info after I can get to range.

picture.php

Dockem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    W Indyanner
    Range Report

1st time at range, finally had some nice temps this afternoon.

Remington 9mm Luger 115gr FMJ
    Very heavy DA trigger pull, much better in SA.
    Would seem to shoot low the first round, and then I would compensate for it.
    I had the same result with reloads.

Best 10 round target at 10 yards:

picture.php

Nice handgun!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Very nice gun. I have been looking at these. I knew I had seen that profile before. It finally dawned on me. I knew it was a CZ clone but the slide looked nothing like a CZ. Then I realized it looks just like a Jericho which is another CZ clone. If it is a true clone the safety will not operate unless the hammer is cocked. The CZs are that way but Tanfoglio and some other clones do not. I was curious about whether the Shark's did or not. Good luck with it. David, AKA Schmeky on here an other forums, is already doing trigger work on these and the reports are very good. He can reduce both the DA and SA down to the neighborhood of seven pounds and three pounds respectively. I have had a couple of CZs done by him and they are now really unbelievable. You can check out his sight at cajungunworks. I and many other CZ lovers recommend him highly. Good luck and let us know how it goes with the Shark.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    I am not familiar with that gun company. I tried looking up there website, but couldn't find anything. Thanks for the info. Interesting looking gun!

Dockem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    W Indyanner
    I knew it was a CZ clone but the slide looked nothing like a CZ. Then I realized it looks just like a Jericho which is another CZ clone. If it is a true clone the safety will not operate unless the hammer is cocked. The CZs are that way but Tanfoglio and some other clones do not. I was curious about whether the Shark's did or not.

The safety will not operate unless the hammer is in full cocked position. So I guess that makes it a true CZ clone.
    Canik website: http://www.canik55.com/index.php?lang=en

PS Thanks for link to Cajun Gun Works

Last edited:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I've got the baby brother "Stingray - C" to this Shark. I like it a lot. It is very well constructed and shoots superbly. I've been looking to see if one of the CZ safeties can be used to replace the stock one because the angle on the safety shelf does make it kind of difficult to click it off.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    It looks very similar to my early Baby Desert Eagle (Jericho), with the safety in the same position. That's a very good looking pistol, and if it shoots like mine, it's a great shooter.

BTW- mine prefers 124-grain and 147-grain projectiles. Good luck.

Last edited:

AZ D

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    NWI
    I had an opportunity to spend a few hours with one. It was a different model though. Made in turkey. I took it down, and took my time inspecting it. It was a really well made gun! Shot very well also! I know that some parts interchange with CZ, and some interchange with Tanfoglio. I'm sure I'll end up with one in the end, since I'm a huge CZ fan, and this is a great clone!

Dockem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    W Indyanner
    Check out Bud's, seen them on Gunbroker also. Haven't seen them in LGS. The prices have been increasing as their popularity has increased. Less than $500.

Top Bottom