• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I'll put this out there for anyone interested in experiential education. Attend the "Black Expo" and see what goes on there. Then find some event dedicated to "White Pride" or a "White Expo" or "White Heritage" and then write up a compare and contrast.

You can't call it a "double standard" unless the two events are essentially the same...and I haven't seen any such evidence yet. I'm more than willing to consider the evidence.

The problem I see is there is no "White" anything because political correctness instantly calls it racist.
    I've mentioned as a joke at college years ago and I was just hushed.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The problem I see is there is no "White" anything because political correctness instantly calls it racist.
    I've mentioned as a joke at college years ago and I was just hushed.

It's not that easily explained. There's no "white" named anything, because the status quo, for a great many years was understood to be "white" only. Blacks had to purposefully name their institution "colored" to let other black people know they were welcome.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I know I'm late to the convo, but I hate mayo and love hot sauce. Totally white.

Also, to answer for where is the "white expo" or "white entertainment television" question:
    Have you been to the state fair? That's your white expo.
    Have you seen Country Music Television? There's your WET.

These things exist for white people, they just have names that aren't so obvious. It doesn't change what they are though.

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    I know I'm late to the convo, but I hate mayo and love hot sauce. Totally white.

Also, to answer for where is the "white expo" or "white entertainment television" question:
    Black folks don't like Country Music????? Please explain Charlie Pride..... :dunno:

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Black folks don't like Country Music????? Please explain Charlie Pride..... :dunno:
    I didn't say they don't. But CMT and the State Fair are dominated by whiteness. Just because IBE has the word black in it doesn't mean a white person isn't free to attend. Just because a channel is called BET doesn't mean a white person can't be interested in the programming.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Come up to speed. Darius Rucker.

And does anyone else own Lionel Richie's Tuskegee album? All duets with country stars doing Lionel Richie songs. It's spectacular.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Also, I dare you to quote where I said black people don't like country music. Please stick to what I actually write, not what you wish I had said.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Come up to speed. Darius Rucker.

And does anyone else own Lionel Richie's Tuskegee album? All duets with country stars doing Lionel Richie songs. It's spectacular.
    I know about Darius Rucker. It doesn't change my point. If you made a channel called WET I'd bet good money it would look a lot like CMT.

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    I didn't say they don't. But CMT and the State Fair are dominated by whiteness. Just because IBE has the word black in it doesn't mean a white person isn't free to attend. Just because a channel is called BET doesn't mean a white person can't be interested in the programming.
    Yeahbutt, if someone started a "white television" WHATEVER, there would be an outcry like you've never seen.....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

These things exist for white people, they just have names that aren't so obvious. It doesn't change what they are though.

Your ghetto pass will be sent to you next week.

Top Bottom