• ...and so much more!
  • Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Soon a Fall Break road trip advice. We have a few days, all drivable from NWI. Route: passports on the CA side: Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and back. The Falls, Ice Wine, Butterfly Garden, Hockey HOF, etc. already on the docket. What are some gems for 2 adults and an 8 year old. Want to maximize the trip. TIA!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Soon a Fall Break road trip advice. We have a few days, all drivable from NWI. Route: passports on the CA side: Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and back. The Falls, Ice Wine, Butterfly Garden, Hockey HOF, etc. already on the docket. What are some gems for 2 adults and an 8 year old. Want to maximize the trip. TIA!
    Might want to edit the title to be a little more clear.
    I clicked on it, because I knew you.
    But wasn't sure what 'Rip' was.

Sorry, I have no trip advice though.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Kind of what is put together now.
    View attachment 382696
    You are incredibly organized. I wonder how Dad got us across the country in a station wagon, no GPS, no AAA, no schedule (except for where we had to be for his week long conference that he stretched into a month long vacation for us). And that's not a jab at you! Just simpler times back then I think.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    A Canada "road rip" would be cool though... driving across Canada as fast as you can. :rockwoot:

I did that back in 2008. Drove from Vancouver to Montreal in a motor home. British Columbia is beautiful. The rest of it was - meh. Except for the time when I almost hit a moose crossing the road. That was a little exciting.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    You are incredibly organized. I wonder how Dad got us across the country in a station wagon, no GPS, no AAA, no schedule (except for where we had to be for his week long conference that he stretched into a month long vacation for us). And that's not a jab at you! Just simpler times back then I think.
    That's my wife's spread sheet. She organizes everything. (At one time, we had a container for the ice cream container. :rolleyes:) I make recommendations and drive.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Allow appropriate time for border crossings and read ALL the rules on what you can’t bring.

Consider a tour car/service for your day at Niagara Falls. We did one with 8-10 people and got to see more than if driving, navigating, parking, figuring out what to see and in what order.

glank09

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    We chaperoned a week long trip a few years back to Toronto. A few of the favorites were Casa Loma and the Royal Ontario Museum. There is also the CN Tower.

Stubbleducker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Indy
    between the falls and Hamilton, there are quite a few wineries.
    There's a covered outdoor mall walk outside between stores, but there's an awning over the top so out of rain and such) with a bass pro/cabela's (can't remember which) to keep both the females and males happy for a while (had some large motorized stuffed animals that kids could ride around teh mall on that was interesting).
    The tower in downtown toronto is cool to go up in, multi-level observation deck wtih restrurants.
    Amazing diversity of food in toronto, any ethnicity you can think of and many you wouldn't have - great little hole in the wall places to eat.
    The "thousand island" area at the East end of lake ontario is nice - can take boat rides out to various place like Boldt Castle.
    There's a beautiful area north of Toronto called Muskoka that's "the hamptons of the north", many of the athletes and other rich folk have places up there.

Can't help on the montreal part - flying there in two weeks for the first time and driving to Quebec City.

Gotta download some Bob & Doug McKenzie for the trip, along with some Rush!

Top Bottom