• ...and so much more!
  • ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    Um, no.

The chasm separating us and them has eroded to the point that we will never again enter into anything resembling reasonable discussion with one another. It will be nothing but fighting, yelling, name calling, and so forth until one group or the other ceases to exist.

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    Um, no.

The chasm separating us and them has eroded to the point that we will never again enter into anything resembling reasonable discussion with one another. It will be nothing but fighting, yelling, name calling, and so forth until one group or the other ceases to exist.

I think we could get back from the brink. We would need for all sides to relax and quit taking themselves so damn serious. It seems right now we have entered into a period of extremism where the liberal voice of the democrat party and the pro business voice of the republican party are all that is heard. I remember when Evan Bayh was considered a conservative democrat, I even remember pro-life democrats. Until the rank and file of both sides wakes up and sees that the extreme ends of the party are doing most of the talking and provide nearly none of the substance we will have more of the same. This can all change with good leadership. Regan did it, HW Bush had it close to right during the middle of his first term. We can re-unite.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I don't go to that site, except once, I forget why. Anyway, I watched a pro-gun liberal try to explain to people why certain of their ideas aren't liked by others. And why he is a liberal with a gun.

To say they turned on him, would be to put it mildly.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Oh, my brain. :facepalm:
    Second Amendment absolutist response: how many people were injured or killed by automobiles, knives, hammers, or curling irons? As if the answer to that question would reduce gun violence, or has any relevance to the problem whatsoever. By that reasoning we should just forget about all cancer research and any attempts to cure this health menace, because people will just die of other causes so why bother?

Just like cancer and other health menaces to society, gun violence needs to be countered with sensible preventative measures.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I don't go to that site, except once, I forget why. Anyway, I watched a pro-gun liberal try to explain to people why certain of their ideas aren't liked by others. And why he is a liberal with a gun.

To say they turned on him, would be to put it mildly.

Liberals are all just waiting for the opportunity to eat their own. One of their own sets one toe out of line and they start ringing dinner bells.

The irony is palpable. Do you not see that the Right does the exact same thing? Heck, it happens on INGO All. The. Time.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I took a look at a thread titled "Toons". I thought it might be amusing but it was actually a little scary seeing their thought patterns. It would be interesting to see a thread titled "Since my (insert crime of choice here) occurred I've learned how to use a firearm for my own protection", interesting to see how bloody the waters got as they attacked themselves.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    No reasoning. They just don't get it. All good gun owners want to do is live their lives and go their separate ways. All the libs want to do is maintain their pursuit on the owners and launch assaults.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    These folks are coming from this at an emotional level. You cannot reason with emotion since logic and "feelings" don't play. You can explain all the fact, the figures, the truth, but for someone who believes what they believe because it "feels right", there is no winning them over.

Why do you think the anti's are always fueling the emotional-side of this and exploiting people who cry on camera? It sells their emotional argument.

The "No guns on school property to protect our children" is purely emotional. It sounds and therefore FEELS good to a person who feels their way though life. But the foolishness of this can only be explored by rational and critical thinking. In other words, REASON. But that's where the emotional ones strike back with the "hater" retort. Clearly you "hate" children and want to see them gunned down in our schools since you oppose banning guns in schools.

It works better now than ever because the liberal-heavy schools have produced several generations of people who are taught to find their way through life by feeling rather than by facts and reason.

Unfortunately the only thing that resets this emotional vs. rational balance back to the other side is major disruption. When REALITY crashes into the emotional fictional world, then people wake up, if only for a time.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    That site was a waste of 5 min of my life I will never get back. I could feel my intelligence drop 50 points. Had to come back here and gain it back.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The reason that they can't be reasoned with is because their agenda has nothing to do with guns at all.

It's about conquest for their ideology.

Anything you value, they will seek to destroy or take away, because you are standing in their way. They mask this with emotional rhetoric even they don't believe, but use to recruit the weak minded into their cult.

Since they can't order you to the gas chambers, they'll just punish and attack you through law to get off on themselves.

Why do you think they spent so much time parading the constitution around under Bush, meanwhile under Obama they keep saying the constitution is out dated? Because it has nothing to do with issues, it has to do with attacking YOU.

This is where conservatives are dropping the ball. Conservatives are mostly stupid enough to believe the left in the US actually cares about issues. Meanwhile the conservatives work hard to appease the left and keep wondering why they're losing more ground every day. BECAUSE IT ISN'T ABOUT ISSUES. It's a political war being fought through the system.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, they can't be reasoned with because "they" are people.
    And people tend to not listen to opposing arguments. And only listen to that which reinforces their own beliefs.

No, not EVERYONE.
    But quite a few, on both sides of ANY argument.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    And people tend to not listen to opposing arguments. And only listen to that which reinforces their own beliefs.

No, not EVERYONE.

I think you're getting tied up thinking of a side issue.

It has nothing to do with opinions or views, it has to do with winning elections at all costs.

Or do you think all those illegals flooding the country are going to be kept from voting effectively? Somehow they turned that into an issue to mask the fact that it is solely to get more votes.

This is why we are losing elections, because we don't want to confront the pink elephant in the room. And that is, the issues are irrelevant to them, it is solely to punish opposition and gain more votes. A few on our side do it. It's the "vote against" doctrine.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

No, not EVERYONE.

I think you're getting tied up thinking of a side issue.

It has nothing to do with opinions or views, it has to do with winning elections at all costs.

Or do you think all those illegals flooding the country are going to be kept from voting effectively? Somehow they turned that into an issue to mask the fact that it is solely to get more votes.

This is why we are losing elections, because we don't want to confront the pink elephant in the room. And that is, the issues are irrelevant to them, it is solely to punish opposition and gain more votes. A few on our side do it. It's the "vote against" doctrine.

the title of the thread is...
    Can you reason with these libtards.

My statement is that "libtard" or "non-libtard" both have people that do not listen to opposing views.
    My statement had nothing to do in support of or against a "libtard" or a "non-libtard".

Top Bottom