• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    I have never been to an NRA convention but based on a few threads lately I understand the carrying a functioning firearm while attending is prohibited.

WTF??? This is like attending a track day but you are not allowed to bring your motorcycle. I must be missing a glaring reason please educate me.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Don't know if that's true, but if it is, NOT surprising. MOST gun shows, even here in Indiana, prohibit lawful LTCH holders from carrying at the show. Apparently, the gun show lurkers don't have a problem with THAT.

LOTS of folks on INGO yell and scream about their 2nd Amendment 'rights', bash this or that law, or this or that LEO, or this or that guy, but have NO issue being prohibited from carrying at their favorite gun show.

And ya know what 'argument' they use to 'defend' that oxymoronic ideology? The SAME one Feinstein, Obama, Pelosi, and ALL those anti-gun nutballs use: "Oh, it's just common sense". :poop: :bs: :poop:
    So, there's no doubt they FAVOR gun control and restriction regardless of the constant rantings and rhetoric, so long as it behooves THEM. Which makes all their 'rants' and 'protests' fallacious. They're no 'friends of the Second Amendment'. They just want to pretend they are when it's convenient for them.

What they fail to understand, or more likely REFUSE to do, is grasp the concept that the TRUE test of whether one believes in the Constitution is defending those with whom you DISagree. Any simple-minded dipstick can 'defend' the right for themself, or someone who agrees with their viewpoint. When you defend the right for those with whom you vehemently disagree, THEN you're actually defending that right.

Proof? Because if they REALLY believed in 'lawful carry', they would boycott EVERY gun show that prohibits lawful carry, OC or CC.

They don't, of course, because they actually BELIEVE in gun control. Except for convicted felons apparently, at least for some. For ex-cons, they think carrying is fine. But NOT at a gun show.

The epitome of hypocrisy, and MUCH worse than any rhetoric expounded by Feinstein or her cronies.

Last edited:

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    i've been to ONE gun show in my life and that was before I had my LTCH.....so I wasn't armed and didnt have to worry about unarming....personally i think its stupid and thought to myself the one time i went was why the **** do I have to disarm at a gun show

but from what i hear gun shows are a waste of time as most stuff is overpriced as it is

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Same reason most gunshops don't want loaded guns inside. You have people handling firearms, sometimes not in the safest manner, usually in crowded locations. They don't want someone who is not thinking to pull out their own, loaded, firearm and have an ND. In theory the gun show is a place where you should be safe from ND's because there aren't supposed to be any loaded guns. Not en excuse to disregard rule No. 1, but it happens. I know quite. Few guys who break the rule and have at least a pocket pistol ready when going to a show or shop.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Same reason most gunshops don't want loaded guns inside. You have people handling firearms, sometimes not in the safest manner, usually in crowded locations. They don't want someone who is not thinking to pull out their own, loaded, firearm and have an ND.

The short answer/reason for the gun show rule can be found in Slow Hand's signature:

From there to here and here to there, stupid people are everywhere.
    Take the dumbest, most moronic, most idiotic dumbass :nuts: you have ever met in your life...the kind of guy that swears up and down that "they're gonna end Lifetime LTCH's!!", thinks Pro-wrestling is 100% real :rolleyes: and actually PAYS money :spend: to go see that :bs:, thinks that unmodified M-14/M1-A's and AK-47 clones take the exact same 7.62 ammo... :n00b:

Take and lobotomize him, make him watch MSNBC till he believes it 100%, *then* make him 10,000 times even MORE of a stupid imbecile...the resulting 'special one' will still not be anywhere near the level of sub-molecular STUPID of some of the walking train wrecks that will attend a gun show. Do you really want That Guy carrying a loaded firearm in a crowded place??!? :dunno:

:twocents:...

:popcorn:

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    The short answer/reason for the gun show rule can be found in Slow Hand's signature:

Take the dumbest, most moronic, most idiotic dumbass :nuts: you have ever met in your life...the kind of guy that swears up and down that "they're gonna end Lifetime LTCH's!!", thinks Pro-wrestling is 100% real :rolleyes: and actually PAYS money :spend: to go see that :bs:, thinks that unmodified M-14/M1-A's and AK-47 clones take the exact same 7.62 ammo... :n00b:

Take and lobotomize him, make him watch MSNBC till he believes it 100%, *then* make him 10,000 times even MORE of a stupid imbecile...the resulting 'special one' will still not be anywhere near the level of sub-molecular STUPID of some of the walking train wrecks that will attend a gun show. Do you really want That Guy carrying a loaded firearm in a crowded place??!? :dunno:

You left out the fact these are also the people that get self inflicted gunshot wounds at gunshows. These people are just what the left is looking for. They are not a responsible gun owners friend.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008

That is probably one of the single best posts in the history of Internet message boards. Bravo, sir, bravo!

golf-clap_zps4468f94c.gif

orson_wells_Slow-Clap_zps82c65a1c.gif

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte

never thought of it that way....i was just ignorant to the fact there are stupid people out there. But then again I try to stay away from those types of people

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Think of how dumb the average person is. Then consider the fact that half of them are dumber than that.

While I fully understand all of the sentiments about morons at gun shows and have witnessed more than my share of stupidity, I'm in ModernGunner's camp.

By restricting lawful, responsible carry at gun stores, shows, and events, we are telling the anti-gun folks that we (who are familiar with firearms) trust other gun owners just as little as they do. If we don't trust each other, we cannot possibly expect others to trust us.

Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Depends upon the venue and state laws. just came back from the 2013 NRA convention and carried every hour inside the convention center. LOTS of others did the same. Believe me. Plan to do the same 2014 unless the Indianapolis convention center comes up with some type of way to prohibit .

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    . Do you really want That Guy carrying a loaded firearm in a crowded place??!? :dunno:

You left out the fact these are also the people that get self inflicted gunshot wounds at gunshows. These people are just what the left is looking for. They are not a responsible gun owners friend.

That is probably one of the single best posts in the history of Internet message boards. Bravo, sir, bravo!

Guess they shouldn't be allowed to carry guns at all, then. We obviously need to mandate an intelligence test and probably mandatory training, administered and available once annually at one facility deep in the Florida Everglades (classes limited to only 30 people. You know, for safety.) before allowing anyone to own or carry a firearm.

While I fully understand all of the sentiments about morons at gun shows and have witnessed more than my share of stupidity, I'm in ModernGunner's camp.

By restricting lawful, responsible carry at gun stores, shows, and events, we are telling the anti-gun folks that we (who are familiar with firearms) trust other gun owners just as little as they do. If we don't trust each other, we cannot possibly expect others to trust us.
    :+1:

Dirtdart504

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Bargersville, IN
    I went to the NRA convention when it was in Louisville a few years ago. I carried concealed and no one even asked. I don't remember seeing any signs saying no loaded firearms.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    the difference between a gun show and pretty much anywhere else is that people are continually coonfingering their guns. "OOOH the perfect holster, let me just pull out my hair trigger 1911..." BANG

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    the difference between a gun show and pretty much anywhere else is that people are continually coonfingering their guns. "OOOH the perfect holster, let me just pull out my hair trigger 1911..." BANG

Plenty of people at gun shows get shot over this exact scenario. They think guns are magically "safe" because they are in a gun show or a parking lot or wherever and then set themselves or others on fire.

Google shooting at gun show and see how many dozens of hits you come up with. Shucks, there was just a shooting at a gun show a couple of weekends ago out west:

http://www.ktvb.com/news/Accidental-shooting-at-Fort-Boise-Gun-Show-injures-two-202865921.html

Carried in Louisville and Pittsburgh, no problems. However, at Pittburgh I did see a Cledus whip out his carry gun and try a holster. We are our own worst enemies.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Some interesting answers. I get the whole stupid people armed in a crowd, but stupid people go places every day and walk amongst you all the time. I would like to think if said stupid person started unholsting a firearm, the crowed he is amongst would very swiftly educate him/her. Could be wrong though, have never attended one.

Just sorta odd. We are going to celebrate our rights and freedoms and the tools that allow us to keep them! Oh, if you come to celebrate this with us, those tools are not allowed, we don't trust you ok? :patriot:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Ever seen the movie Idiocracy? It sums up the state of this nation exactly! We have reached the tipping point and are uncontrollably listing ever closer to certain destruction and the end of our way of life!

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Same reason most gunshops don't want loaded guns inside. You have people handling firearms, sometimes not in the safest manner, usually in crowded locations. They don't want someone who is not thinking to pull out their own, loaded, firearm and have an ND. In theory the gun show is a place where you should be safe from ND's because there aren't supposed to be any loaded guns. Not en excuse to disregard rule No. 1, but it happens. I know quite. Few guys who break the rule and have at least a pocket pistol ready when going to a show or shop.

That makes sense to me. One idiot could ruin it for the rest of us.

Top Bottom